Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Greeting From an Old Member!

Hi Dear Photographers,

When I receieved an e-mail from admin, it was surprise for me. Because for a long time I forgot forums... My last post was in 2012... I can't believe how passed the times... 

So, what's the news about me... I am still taking pictures... and yes, with Mr. Sixty, he is my best friend. Mr. Sixty is a Canon camera, Powershot SX60 HS.... This is my third one... I am very happy with Mr. Sixty, because not heavy and easy than others... I needed this one, because of my hands... and I can carry everywhere with me.

What  pictures. do I take..? Mostly cats! Yes, I can say, I am a cat photographer. But in my blog, we write our journal together with Mr. Sixty too...

About me... I am a grandmother now, I have a lovely two grandsons... We have just came back from a visit them... My son lives in Baku, Azerbaijan...

About Shuttertalk... I started in here, this is true... the real photography started in here for me. I watched, I read, I listened, beautiful photographers and they were always an inspiration and a master for me... I can't say I am a proffessional one, but I love photography and I can't think a day without photography... 

How do you post your photographs? Is it need another site (like photobucket) for posting, or can you post an image directly?

Another point about me, right now, I mean in these days we are going to move a new house... so we are in a great mess... Soon, our internet connection will be cut and then we will have again... but how long will it take I don't know...

I hope there are old members who we met before... 

Thank you for invitation, dear Admin and all your help... 

Have a nice and enjoyable connection for all of us. 

Love, nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Hello and welcome back! Nice to have you here with us!

To add pictures in a reply, click preview post. Then, you will see more options offered to you.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,
Barbara

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Mar 30, 2019, 08:53)Barbara G. Wrote:  Hello and welcome back! Nice to have you here with us!

To add pictures in a reply, click preview post. Then, you will see more options offered to you.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,
Barbara

Thank you so much dear Barbara, I am glad to hear you now, I thought that there is no one... Smile I will try soon. Have a nice day, Love, nia

Ansel Adams

No problem - you are welcome!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Welcome back Nia!

I use an SX60 when I don't want to lug all my gear, was my wife's Camera and produces some great shots.

(Apr 1, 2019, 21:56)EnglishBob Wrote:  Welcome back Nia!

I use an SX60 when I don't want to lug all my gear, was my wife's Camera and produces some great shots.

As I told, getting older is being problem of course, and my hands are not very well for my old camera, they areveery heavybut this new one, Mr. Sixty, I am in love with him Smile 

Thank you, dear EnglishBob, Love, nia

Ansel Adams

Hi Nia, I am so happy that you have returned to this fine forum after such a lengthy hiatus, just as I have! I am looking forward to seeing many photos from you, and reading your interesting posts. I hope that I won't bore you too much with my endless Fogo Island landscapes! 

Nia, I have been using a very nice (and free!) image-hosting site called Imgbb.com to upload my photos to forums, including ShutterTalk. It is very simple to use; you should give it a try when you can find a spare moment. If you have any difficulties I can help to guide you through it. 

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com 

PS: I am attaching a photograph that you may find interesting. This is just one of hundreds of icebergs that we have the pleasure of viewing right from the shoreline in front of our home every summer. That is our daughter Jacqueline who you can see sitting in the foreground. She is a police officer with the RCMP, (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) Canada's world-renown national police force. (very proud Dad here!) These beautiful icebergs are the result of glaciers breaking off of Greenland and eventually floating south to Newfoundland, Canada. This ice is said to be between 10,000 and 15,000 years old, and is believed to contain the purist water on the planet. As is common practice with all Newfoundlanders, we often use pieces of ice chipped off from these icebergs to mix our drinks! You see, iceberg ice is much denser/heavily compacted than regular ice, so it will last much longer in a cocktail before it melts..  plus it's interesting, just knowing that the ice in your drink is actually thousands of years old! 

[Image: DSC03129ascreen2-1280x1280.jpg]

Good Morning dear Glen, how nice of you, Thank you so much for your support, I will visit the link, I need something like that. And yes, I love your country and your photography of ice views... This is amazing one. But more than this your daughter! This is proud of, so proud of... I can't believe she grew up and being a police-officer... Time runs of course... Look I am a grandmother now, have two grandsons...

Once again, Thank you so much, still I wish to visit one day your country...

Love from İstanbul, Love, nia

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by adam
Dec 3, 2018, 00:13