Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Greetings from Fogo Island, Newfoundland!

Wow, I just stumbled upon Shuttertalk, (after receiving an email stating that the site had been down for awhile, but is now back up and running again) and just realized, with great horror I might add, that it has been a whole seven years since I last posted anything here! Now don't get me wrong; I didn't give up on my photography... in fact I am still an avid landscape/nature photographer as well as a serious collector of vintage/antique cameras... but as life has a way of doing to us, I just kinda drifted away. Well that, plus I remain for the most part bedridden, (due to my ever-present spinal issues) so I am unfortunately unable to get out exploring this beautiful island paradise with camera gear in tow, as often as I would like to.

But hey, I'm back to Shuttertalk once again, and I am looking forward to becoming an active contributing member of this fine forum. More images and stories coming soon, but in the meantime, here's a photo taken at our shoreline, directly in front of our oceanfront home on Fogo Island, located a one-hour ferry ride off the north coast of Newfoundland. (click on the image for a larger view) 

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

[Image: DSC00977ascreen2aa-1280x1280.jpg]

(Mar 29, 2019, 10:05)camperbc Wrote:  Wow, I just stumbled upon Shuttertalk, (after receiving an email stating that the site had been down for awhile, but is now back up and running again) and just realized, with great horror I might add, that it has been a whole seven years since I last posted anything here! Now don't get me wrong; I didn't give up on my photography... in fact I am still an avid landscape/nature photographer as well as a serious collector of vintage/antique cameras... but as life has a way of doing to us, I just kinda drifted away. Well that, plus I remain for the most part bedridden, (due to my ever-present spinal issues) so I am unfortunately unable to get out exploring this beautiful island paradise with camera gear in tow, as often as I would like to.

But hey, I'm back to Shuttertalk once again, and I am looking forward to becoming an active contributing member of this fine forum. More images and stories coming soon, but in the meantime, here's a photo taken at our shoreline, directly in front of our oceanfront home on Fogo Island, located a one-hour ferry ride off the north coast of Newfoundland. (click on the image for a larger view) 

Glen

[Image: DSC00977ascreen2aa-1280x1280.jpg]

Hi Dear Glen B, I remember your beautiful photographs, I am so glad to see you here, Welcome, I came back just now, Thank you, Love, nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Welcome Back Glen.... been a while! I was gone for a couple of years at one point too.

Thank-you for the kind (re)welcome, Nia and EnglishBob! It sure feels great to be back posting on here again! Nia, how have you been? I have really missed our frequent correspondences that we had on here years ago!  

I've been taking a few photos of our beloved Sheba (our still-growing, stunning, one-year-old purebred German Shepherd pup) posing on her fancy new "Mammoth"-brand doggie bed. These first three images were captured handheld in low light, using my Sony SLT-A57 DSLR body and vintage (circa 1985) Minolta Maxxum 50mm f/1.7 prime lens. For the last three (outdoor) shots I used my 34-year-old Minolta Maxxum 135mm f/2.8 prime. 

I love these old lenses... unbeatable colour rendering, excellent contrast and always tack sharp! (click on the images for a larger, more detailed view) 

Glen

[Image: DSC06990a1200small.jpg]

[Image: DSC07002aa1200small.jpg]

[Image: DSC07006a1500small.jpg]

[Image: DSC07129a1200small.jpg]

[Image: DSC06730a1500small.jpg]

[Image: DSC06885a1200small.jpg]

Hi Dear Glen, I missed too... It's been such a long time.... I am so very glad to hear you again. " Sheba" so adorable and so beautiful, Blessing her... Photographs are beautiful, you almost made me feel I can touch her... I hope she loves me (because I am a human mother of my Little Big Cats)...

Thank you, Blessing and Happiness,
Love, nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toad
Apr 18, 2007, 09:59