Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Guess That Riff

Any musicians (or "instrument beaters" like me) interested in a Guess That Riff game?

The rules are simple: one person posts a short riff from a song, and others have to guess the song and artist. First person to guess correctly posts the next one. Hints are allowed, but don't give away the answer. Also try not to choose a song that's too obscure.

If you need a place to host your riffs, dmusic and soundclick are both free.

If you're interested, I'll get the ball rolling. Click the link below (the riff name may be a hint Wink ), then click the green button next to the riff name to stream the high-fi version of the riff.

Draw Blood

No idea what that one is... Smile

Lynyrd Skynyrd..........sweet home alabama??? Big Grin

Beat me to it Russt - that is what I was going to guess.

Good guess, but that's not it. Big Grin

However, I'm pretty sure this artist borrowed the SHA riff, and he also referenced SHA in another of his songs. There's even a parody website that merges this song and its unique quirks with SHA.

Hint: He saw someone walking with the queen.

Ah yes - Werewolves of London - I recognize the riff now. The hint was a bit too generous...

Ah, I broke my own rule.

Your turn, Mr. Toad!

Sorry no-can-do.

Given my lack of musiacal talent, if I was to play a riff - I gurantee nobody would recognize it... Big Grin

So you broke a rule too! Wink

Any volunteers to go next?

aarrrr the penny drops..... Mitch your hint had me racking my brain (not good) I knew I had heard those lyrics but just couldn't place it!!! I thought your rift was a bit slow and a bit different at the end for what I thought it was, but hey I also thought it could have been your playing Big GrinBig GrinTongue

LOL, yeah, SHA would have been faster. I had the metronome going for Werewolves at the recommended 103bpm. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post