Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Guitar Recorder

Since slej mentioned his Line 6 amp, I thought I'd post some news on a new product by them.

Now where did I put my AMEX card again? Big Grin

Quote:FULL PRESS RELEASE
Line 6 Announces RiffTracker Recording Package

- Complete, Guitarist-Based Hardware and Software Recording Rig -

AGOURA HILLS, Calif., Nov. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Line 6, Inc., inventors of digital modeling amps and guitars, announced today the release of its complete PC-based recording system for guitarists, GuitarPort RiffTracker. GuitarPort RiffTracker is an all-in-one rig that lets guitarists quickly record their musical ideas. It consists of GuitarPort hardware, which connects a guitar to a PC, GuitarPort software that provides a complete amp, stomp box and effects tone rig, and RiffWorks™ recording software by Sonoma Wire Works.

GuitarPort RiffTracker is focused on guitarists who want to play and record their guitar. Because it's a complete hardware/software solution, no complex system configuration is necessary. GuitarPort RiffTracker includes the award-winning GuitarPort hardware. A laptop or desktop computer powers this guitar-focused USB recording interface, and contains all of the connections needed to track guitar and monitor the results using speakers or headphones. Its accompanying GuitarPort software provides a complete amp, stompbox and effects rig based on the professional studio-standard for guitar recording, PODxt.

Included in the RiffTracker package is the recording software, RiffWorks, developed by Sonoma Wire Works. Seamlessly integrated with the GuitarPort hardware and software, RiffWorks is a unique and easy way to capture guitar-based ideas. Exclusive features in the Riff Recorder enable users to set a tempo and start recording from their guitar. It also creates tracks automatically while recording so a guitarist tracking a solo can record multiple takes or layer parts without a pause.

"GuitarPort RiffTracker has everything you need to start recording great guitar-based songs," says Mark McCrite, Product Line Manager, Line 6. "Thanks to the combination of GuitarPort's record-ready tone, and RiffWorks intuitive recording interface, guitarists now have a simple, pro-quality setup that leaves them free to concentrate on the music instead of the technical details."

Also included in the RiffWorks software is the exclusive InstantDrummer™ feature, for uniquely easy "live" drum tracks. Users pick a groove, count off a tempo, and InstantDrummer™ immediately begins to play a continuously varying drum track and fills using perfectly matched, full kit studio drum recording. InstantDrummer allows users to select from a variety of Drummer Sessions created by Drums on Demand and Sonoma Wire Works. Users can easily dial in different amounts of variation, intensity, and ambience.

Other RiffWorks features include the ability to open loop files in the REX and REX2 format, and apply up to 7 studio-quality effects per recorded track. Final songs can be mixed as WAV files, suitable for burning to CD or converting to MP3 files. In addition, RiffWorks acts as a ReWire mixer application and can synchronize with Reason, Live, Project 5 and other ReWire synth applications.

About Line 6, Inc.

Incorporated in 1996, Line 6 is a music gear manufacturer dedicated to developing music products to inspire creativity both on the stage and in the studio. Headquartered in Agoura Hills, California, Line 6 currently has a presence in over 60 countries worldwide with offices in California and the United Kingdom. In just under seven years, Line 6 has grown from an original team of 10 to over 200 employees. As the pioneer of digital modeling guitar amplifiers, Line 6 has created award-winning products for guitarists, bass players and engineers, working both on stage and in the studio. For more information visit www.line6.com.

About Sonoma Wire Works

Incorporated in 2003, Sonoma Wire Works is a software company dedicated to designing software tools for musicians and producers that make it easy to create awesome tone and capture great sounding recordings. Sonoma Wire Works combines intuitive interfaces and unique workflows that enhance the user's ability to create the music they envision without requiring a technical background. Located in Sebastopol, California, Sonoma Wire Works is comprised of a tightly knit development group with 15 years of combined audio engineering experience. Together with graphic designers and 3D artists, they are working on a cutting edge user interface design for the next generation of music products. Their most recent achievement is RiffWorks™ recording software with its unique InstantDrummer™.

©2004 Line 6, Inc. All rights reserved. GuitarPort, POD, PODxt, GuitarPort RiffTracker, Line 6, and the GuitarPort, GuitarPort RiffTracker, and Line 6 logos are trademarks of Line 6, Inc. RiffWorks, InstantDrummer and Sonoma Wire Works are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Source: Line 6, Inc.

kgariano@line6.com; or Michelle Wright of Sonoma Wire Works, +1-707-342-2208,
michelle@sonomawireworks.com

Web site: http://www.line6.com/

Quote:FULL PRESS RELEASE
Sonoma Wire Works Announces RiffWorks

- All New Recording Software for Guitar Players -

SEBASTOPOL, Calif., Nov. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Sonoma Wire Works, developers of cutting-edge user interface design and software for the next generation of music products, announced today the release of RiffWorks™ recording software for guitar players. RiffWorks' intuitive recording interface encourages creativity and removes the hassle from the recording process. Included are InstantDrummer™, REX player, ReWire mixer, seven fully optimized effects, and more.

RiffWorks will be available as part of Line 6 GuitarPort RiffTracker™, a new all-in-one guitarist's recording rig built on a seamless integration of all of RiffWorks' components with Line 6's award winning GuitarPort. GuitarPort RiffTracker will be available worldwide from Line 6 dealers and distributors. A special Add-On version of GuitarPort RiffTracker will be available for those who already own Line 6 GuitarPort, PODxt, PODxt Live or PODxt Pro, and would like to enjoy all RiffWorks features.

RiffWorks' versatile features help guitar players easily capture ideas and record entire songs that include great sounding drums, fabulous tone and polished effects. Guitar players can set the tempo and start recording just by playing their guitar using RiffWorks' Junt™ technology. RiffWorks creates tracks automatically while recording, and guitar players can record multiple takes or layer parts without a pause. Real-time tempo matched backups can be added such as InstantDrummer™, REX player, ReWire mixer, and a metronome. InstantDrummer provides easy access to full kit studio drum recordings with a range of intensities and adjustable variation with no programming necessary. The REX player can open loop files in REX and RX2 format. The ReWire mixer allows integration with up to four ReWire synth applications like Propellerhead's Reason and Ableton's Live. Seven studio- quality effects can be added per layer including auto-wah, multi-band compression, modulation, delay, reverb, and parametric EQ. The effect algorithms were passionately designed by Sonoma Wire Works for superb sound quality and optimized for maximum performance. Songs can be mixed into WAV or OGG files for burning to a CD or sharing on the Internet. Guitar players record efficiently, produce high quality results and remain creative without ever needing to put down their guitar.

"We set out to create a unique and simple way for guitar players to capture their ideas and record entire songs," says Douglas Wright, CEO and President of Sonoma Wire Works. "Playing guitar, recording bands, and developing recording software led me to envision recording software that I could use at home with no hassles ... a solution that inspires spontaneity and creativity, while producing quality recordings. David Tremblay, Daniel Walton and I have created the ultimate guitar recording software that is quickly becoming popular with all our friends regardless of their technical experience."

Key Features

* Loop recording
* Automatic track creation
* InstantDrummer™
* Junt™
* 7 studio-quality effects
* REX player
* ReWire mixer
* Mix to WAV or OGG

Technical Requirements

* PIII 1GHz (P4 or equivalent 1.8GHz recommended)
* At least 384MB of RAM (512MB recommended)
* 1GB of disk space free for installation
* 2GB or more of disk space free for recording
* An available USB port
* Activation requires an internet connection
* Appropriate beverages

About Sonoma Wire Works

Incorporated in 2003, Sonoma Wire Works is a software company dedicated to designing software tools for musicians and producers that make it easy to create awesome tone and capture great sounding recordings. Sonoma Wire Works combines intuitive interfaces and unique workflows that enhance the user's ability to create the music they envision without requiring a technical background. Sonoma Wire Works is headquartered in Sebastopol, California and is comprised of a tightly knit development group with 15 years of combined audio engineering experience. Together with graphic designers and 3D artists, they are working on a cutting edge user interface design and software technology for the next generation of music products. Their most recent achievements are RiffWorks™ recording software with its unique InstantDrummer™ and a comprehensive set of seven VST effects called Sonoma 7 VST. For more information visit www.sonomawireworks.com.

About Line 6, Inc.

Incorporated in 1996, Line 6 is a music gear manufacturer dedicated to developing music products to inspire creativity both on the stage and in the studio. Headquartered in Agoura Hills, California, Line 6 currently has a presence in over 60 countries worldwide with offices in California and the United Kingdom. In just under seven years, Line 6 has grown from an original team of 10 to over 200 employees. As the pioneer of digital modeling guitar amplifiers, Line 6 has created award-winning products for guitarists, bass players and engineers, working both on stage and in the studio. For more information visit www.line6.com.

© 2004 Sonoma Wire Works. All rights reserved. RiffWorks, InstantDrummer and Sonoma Wire Works are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works. GuitarPort, POD, PODxt, GuitarPort RiffTracker, Line 6, and the GuitarPort, GuitarPort RiffTracker, and Line 6 logos are trademarks of Line 6, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. REX and ReWire are technologies licensed from Propellerhead Software.

Source: Sonoma Wire Works

CONTACT: Michelle Wright of Sonoma Wire Works, +1-707-342-2208,
michelle@sonomawireworks.com; or Krista Gariano of Line 6, Inc.,
+1-818-575-3824, kgariano@line6.com

Web site: http://www.sonomawireworks.com/

Web site: http://www.line6.com/

I didn't realize that Line 6 invented the digital modeling amp ... interesting news.

Hey, on the subject of riffworks. I got the guitarport hardware cheap and it came bundled with this software. It doesn't make it clear in the advertising blurb but you have to pay to activate it. Anyone know any fixes around this?

I have enough recording software but was curious to see this thing working.

I have an XT so the guitar port software is useful anyway.

Bloosman

bloosman Wrote:I got the guitarport hardware cheap and it came bundled with this software. It doesn't make it clear in the advertising blurb but you have to pay to activate it.

It comes with the software, but you can't demo it? That's not good. I checked their website and all it says is "download, buy, activate" ... nothing about a trial period. You might want to contact their customer support and see if it's possible to use for a limited trial period.

When you buy the guitarport hardware you get rifftracker as a demo only. The packaging and blurb don't make that immediatley obvious. When you launch the software you have to click on 'activate' which you need to pay $100 for. As I use existing recording software I don't really want to fork out for that.

Wow, that's pretty tight. Are you sure it's not a free registration thing?

So how do you find the guitarport hardware?

It worked OK but since sold it on to a mate. Basically I don't really need it with the xt. Basically the guitar port is similar to the xt but does all the processing etc via software. When I use the XT the XT itself does all that so I'm not using resources on the PC and have more headroom with my recording software. The guitarport is geared for the PC only and I like to front end the xt to an amp.

The riffworks software is a bit of a con, in my opinion. It doesn't allow you to save or mix until you actually pay for the licence, $100. Seems strange to me that you don't know what you could achieve before you buy. There is some pretty impressive freeware out there so I'm not sure how this setup stands up. If someone has a key I'd like to know or is that request taboo here?

Bloosman

Cool.. thanks for the rundown.

By the way, yes, request is a bit taboo here Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Oct 19, 2011, 06:26