Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Guitar positions

You may have noticed some like to play their guitars all the way down to their knees (nu-metal, grunge, surf rock styles), some like them really high up on their chest (flamenco players) , and some in-between.

I personally have mine higher than lower - around my belly. I find that if I have it too low, my wrist has to bend too much and I can't play properly.

Where do you have yours?

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

I used to play it at chest height, but had problems with little kids running into my groin. Now I play it slightly lower so that I'm protected at all times... Big Grin

i have mine what some people would consider low. My guitar strap is extended to maximum so the strings on my guitar hangs around groin height i guess.

It's true what de-axeman said some chords require a rather painful wrist contortion to reach due to the 'lowness' of the guitar but because i learn't to play this way i'm kinda used to it now!!!

Since light travels faster than sound,
people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you can help it dave, try adjusting your strap so that your guitar sits a little higher to avoid those pains you were talking about. Everyone has their own preferred guitar height, but playing should never cause you pain.

Also over time you'll be consistently causing damage to your wrist (carpal tunnel syndrome anyone?) and you'll permanantly impair your ability to play guitar, and other wrist-related activities.

Make the switch now and you'll thank yourself for it! Wink

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Quote:you'll permanantly impair your ability to play guitar

Noooooooooooooooooo....... can't have that happen!!!!

*hastily runs to guitar and starts adjusting strap*

Since light travels faster than sound,
people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Oct 19, 2011, 06:26