Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HDR from one raw file...

This picture was taken in the viking camp and I just had the chance to take one picture... It was crowded and no chance to set a tripod... I decided to make an HDR image from this pictures because I wanted the details to stand out and have more detail in the background...

I used 3 images in Photomatix, the original and one picture with -55 and the other was +55 exposure compensation... Worked as well with the settings in Photomatix to give a natural look...The original HDR came out a bit noise, but I worked with NeatImage and it is fine to me... I did a bit of post processing to work with the colors and mood here... I think I did a soft focus treatment as well...

[Image: DSC_5165-01HDRtend.jpg]

Original
[Image: DSC_5165-01original.jpg]

I wanted to give a 3D look to this tractor, also I worked with Photomatix, the original and one with -1 and the other one +1 exposure compensation... The same as the other one... worked with NeatImage and CS2 in my post processing...

[Image: DSC_1128-01HDR.jpg]

Original
[Image: 24_DSC_1128-01greensmoke.jpg]

This one was my first HDR and the one that made me to buy the program... I really loved it when It came out of Photomatix... unfortunately in this case I really don't know how many images I used since I had to delete a lot of my pictures few weeks ago since I was running out of space... The thing I did in this one I remember was to work with selective color to get rid of the gray hue you get in white areas... but nothing else as far as I remember...

[Image: 18__DSC5336-HDRtown1.jpg]

Original..

[Image: _DSC5336-01original.jpg]

Here is the original of the portrait I posted here Here I worked with the original and three images more +.33, +.66 and +1 exposure compensation...

[Image: DSC_5206-03original.jpg]

I think the more pictures you take with different exposures in order to creat your HDR is the best... the colors and details are awesome... and the best is the edges in the contrast, it goes smooth and you don't get halos in the trees or buildings when they are against the sky... but sometimes... you just want to give that little to your picture Smile

There is also another method I have tried and I quite like it, because you don't have any noise in the process, but it will take a bit for me to post it, since I want to have some examples to document this technique...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

These really are exceptional photos. You are a very fast learner Irma.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Your originals are very good also, Irma. That must help.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Great examples. Very clever with the HDR clouds above the bright white snow.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Beautifully done!

I'm really impressed how the beauty of the photos have really been brought out by the process - especially with the mountain village scene. The photo seems to have been essentially "rescued" from what I would normally be accustomed to tossing out...

Thanks so much for your comments... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Very nice Irma, the first one really improved alot.

I like the effect you create, even though the highlights have less detail in the edited version.

Thanx for sharing these great examples.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Your work as ever, is incredible Irma. I've missed your work!

All are just fantastic. I also really like seeing the original tractor pull image with the edited one. You have done supurb work.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Paul, I know what you mean... the sky specially has a lot of highlights... It was my first HDR and I didn't know much about masking too... I might revisited my picture again and see what I get now...
Thanks for your comment... Smile a bit late sorry...

EnglishBob Wrote:Your work as ever, is incredible Irma. I've missed your work!
Thanks so much Craig for your comment... Smile I've been missing you too... and a lot!! Sad
Lovely to see you back... Smile

Petographer Wrote:All are just fantastic. I also really like seeing the original tractor pull image with the edited one. You have done supurb work.Smile
Machinery like this one can look so spectacular in HDR, Colin. With a really wide angle lense you can play perpective and distortion and look just fantastic!! Smile
Thanks for your comment Smile

Paul Cezanne

They look awesome and I recognise the effect Photomatix has on them. I've tried it on people shots and its rather pointless but on landscapes it rocks! Well done Smile

You are right SJ. HDR doesn't work with people too well, just in case you want to give a slight cartoonish look to picture...

Thanks for your comment Smile

Lovely to see you too... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Jan 19, 2016, 07:59