Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Have A Lick

[attachment=7065] Give me your thoughts on this shot please.

For me the exposure and background blur is spot on, the colours are muted but compliment each other well. ON the composition I would like to see the apple rotated down to the right slightly, taking the area where the stalk disappears into the apple down to land on the crash point for rule of thirds composition. It would also allow me to see further into the depression which my curiosity wants me doing LOL.

Like it.

Thanks Bob...wes

The focus, depth of field, and background all look pretty good. The overall appearance of the apple is rather flat (muted/dull) - for me, a bit more contrast and saturation seem to enhance the wetness, making the fruit look even more appetising.  But what do you think, Wes?

Cheers.
Philip

The original looks a little flat to me, too, colourwise. But that's a personal preference - the focus and depth of field is good. The water drops actually make this look unappetising to me - they actually look like blisters, as if the apple has some terrible skin affliction.

Q back at you, Wes: what's your thoughts on it? Did it come out as you intended?

It is an apple? Ed.

To each his own!

(Jun 30, 2017, 01:12)delb0y Wrote:  ...The water drops actually make this look unappetising to me - they actually look like blisters,
as if the apple has some terrible skin affliction...
Big Grin 

Philip

(Jun 30, 2017, 01:12)delb0y Wrote:  The original looks a little flat to me, too, colourwise. But that's a personal preference - the focus and depth of field is good. The water drops actually make this look unappetising to me - they actually look like blisters, as if the apple has some terrible skin affliction.

Q back at you, Wes: what's your thoughts on it? Did it come out as you intended?

Wow! That looks great...Wes

(Jun 29, 2017, 21:38)MrB Wrote:  The focus, depth of field, and background all look pretty good. The overall appearance of the apple is rather flat (muted/dull) - for me, a bit more contrast and saturation seem to enhance the wetness, making the fruit look even more appetising.  But what do you think, Wes?

Cheers.
Philip

Thanks Philip for your constructive feed back,looks good...Wes

Wes this was done in Topaz Studio a powerful, to me, freebie, here, Windows or Mac.

https://web.topazlabs.com/downloads/

When I say done, this was one click only, no fine tuning, or return to Photoshop.

Ed.

To each his own!

It's great what equipment did you use?