Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HawkEye

Found this guy hunting in the back yard yesterday

Nice shots! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Awesome Smile Did you see him get anything? Lot of patience needed to be a wildlife photographer. Definitely I would fail on that criteria Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

That's a beautiful photo. Were you using a long telephoto,a small telescope, or were you actually able to get close to the bird? The focus is incredibly good.

I concentgrate mainly on frogs and toads, which makes it necessary to be out at night, often in the rain. Usually I can get within a couple of meters.

Ed GredingSmile

[quote='Ed Greding' pid='87993' dateline='1374425299']
That's a beautiful photo. Were you using a long telephoto,a small telescope, or were you actually able to get close to the bird? The focus is incredibly good.

I concentgrate mainly on frogs and toads, which makes it necessary to be out at night, often in the rain. Usually I can get within a couple of meters.

Ed GredingSmile
I was using a Nikon D-7000 with a Nikor AFS 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G ER VR zoomed to 300mm and on manual focus. The 1.5 crop factor resulted in an effective 450mm zoom. I was fortunate enough to have a tree between my path to the bird and his line of sight about 35 meters out. I got to within 20 meters before he took flight. Thanks for the compliment.

Jim

(Jul 21, 2013, 10:48)Ed Greding Wrote:  That's a beautiful photo. Were you using a long telephoto,a small telescope, or were you actually able to get close to the bird? The focus is incredibly good.

Ed GredingSmile

Welcome to the forums Ed - Nice to have you here on site with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!