Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hello Software?

Just wondering if anyone has tried this?

http://www.hello.com
"When you use Hello, you get to see your photographs together with your friends online. You don’t have to wait for huge email attachments to download or upload your pictures to a public website. Just point at a picture and you can tell the person who sent it exactly what you think. With just one click, you can get the original high-quality, full-sized file to print. "

It's FREE, and apparently there is blogger integration as well, which sounds interesting...

Jules

Looks interesting...have you signed up?

Mr.Gadget Australia
www.mrgadget.com.au
Home of quality PC Gadget and Memory Cards!

Oh, another one of these, I signed up with Zorpia, wrote my first few journals there, posted some pics, but haven't touched it for a long long time! Haven't loaded any pictures, haven't written any new journals.
Adam's Zorpia! if anyone is bored!

but this one looks more fun, you use a special software to do it! then all your friends must have the software to view it... maybe I'll play it once my dsl is back! Big Grin

Let me know your username when you sign up - so we can try it out! Big Grin

Any one here use PixVillage, I singed up to find out there is no user browser, if any one signs up tell me and I brush to dust off of my install =)

Unfortunatelly that 'Hello' one is not working =(

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Hello everybody,

I am a member of the PixVillage Team. Just tell me what you think of PixVillage or if I can help you using it. We are trying to improve PixVillage and we really would like to know what you think of it.

Just tell me,

Nioto.

Hmmm, much as I see potential here, I wouldnt do it. It appears, (I may be quite wrong), that this is a peer-peer psuedo network. I am not about to share my pics via an unknown 3rd party, no sir.

OK, maybe I'm just paranoid, (people think I'm insane because I am growling all the time)*.

*Yes Sabbath fans, I remember it well. Tongue

Cave canem

Hi Nioto, why not have the courtesy of telling us what you think of the Shuttertalk site, before asking us to evaluate your software? :o

Quote:Hi Nioto, why not have the courtesy of telling us what you think of the Shuttertalk site, before asking us to evaluate your software?

potplant, sorry for this. Let's try again : Shuttertalk seems to be a really ambitious site and I think it has everything to create a strong online community. I especially appreciate the photo showcase part of the forum. The level of quality of the members photo is intimidating ! It seems to be a community of very "serious" photographer. I will have to improve my photos before showing them here Wink ...

Quote:It appears, (I may be quite wrong), that this is a peer-peer pseudo network. I am not about to share my pics via an unknown 3rd party, no sir.

Rufus, you are right. PixVillage is based on a P2P algorithm, but you only share your photos with contacts you have autorized (with an ICQ-like contact list and a right management system). You create your own private and secured network for photo sharing.

Altho the secure part of PixVillage is cool I also think that a find users function would be cool where people fill out their favourite types of photography, camera etc and people can compare photos with other people with the same interests (subject wise) and gear (cameras/lenses etc)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Hi Nioto, and welcome to Shuttertalk! Great of you to drop by, and thanks for the feedback too.

I must admit, that I haven't tried out PixVillage yet, but did give Hello a whirl, which I believe is similar. I agree with dewy - being a relatively new software, I found that not many others had the software too, which made it kinda boring. Finding others, or maybe like ICQ random chat(?) thing would be great, to find photographers who share the same interests that you could share photos with.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Sabion
Jun 12, 2020, 03:35