Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help on Canon eos 110d

Hello everyone.

I had a few specks that I could see through the viewfinder, but were not coming out on my photos. Looked online and saw that these could be cleaned away. I took my camera to Jessops and they explained that this charcoal pen would clean it perfectly. Like the novice I am, I took their word for it and tried it. Now it is worse and I cannot see the AF pointers Does this mean they are now not working or just that I cannot see them clearly. I desperately need help on this as I am worried I might need another 1100d body. To my eyes my photos look sharp on my tv so maybe I am worrying about nothing (heres hoping). I have attached a couple of photos taken yesterday for your guidance.

Many thanks
Jane

Attached Files Image(s)

Define, "Charcoal. I assume you cleaned the Viewfinder, if so, did you move the dioptre adjustment inadvertently? Ed.

To each his own!
Sad 

(Aug 4, 2014, 05:05)EdMak Wrote:  Define, "Charcoal. I assume you cleaned the Viewfinder, if so, did you move the dioptre adjustment inadvertently? Ed.

Hi EdMak, thank you for replying. The mirror inside the camera at the top was cleaned and the pen left streaky marks on it. I cleaned this with my camera hand pump, but cannot get the AF points to light up as before. Is it because it is dirty and can I get this cleaned/replaced? The pen used was recommended and bought from Jessops for cleaning sensor and mirrors. I have a nasty feeling I have been given wrong information and have messed up my camera.

Regards
Jane

Hi Jane, try cleaning the Sensor, as described on pager 173 of inst. book, making sure you use a fully charged battery. Can do no harm. If a no, is there a Canon Centre near you, it can be cleaned professionally, or they can advise you re curing the problem. If you feel like it, go back to Jessops,ask for the manager, explain to him circumstances, see what he can do. Post up to date happenings. Success. Ed.

To each his own!

(Aug 4, 2014, 11:18)EdMak Wrote:  Hi Jane, try cleaning the Sensor, as described on pager 173 of inst. book, making sure you use a fully charged battery. Can do no harm. If a no, is there a Canon Centre near you, it can be cleaned professionally, or they can advise you re curing the problem. If you feel like it, go back to Jessops,ask for the manager, explain to him circumstances, see what he can do. Post up to date happenings. Success. Ed.

Thank you EdMak

I will try the sensor clean and have contacted canon to find a service centre near me just in case. I will keep you posted. Many thanks.

Jane

There is nothing wrong with the camera, picture wise, have a look/download, here..

http://www.4shared.com/photo/bmVg5Zv0ce/IMG_5297a.html

Remember, I was working from a 92Kb File size!! Ed.

To each his own!

It's most unlikely that you will need to replace your camera. Most likely, is that a pro cleaning and maybe readjustment will sort things out.
Most important of all, don't get downhearted and or disillusioned. Oh and 'keep snapping away'. Smile

Best regards.

Phil.

(Aug 7, 2014, 08:15)Phil J Wrote:  It's most unlikely that you will need to replace your camera. Most likely, is that a pro cleaning and maybe readjustment will sort things out.
Most important of all, don't get downhearted and or disillusioned. Oh and 'keep snapping away'. Smile

Best regards.

Phil.

Thank you Phil.

I must admit it has got me down a bit as I have been so careful (so I thought). I have been out today "snapping away" as I need the practice. Hopefully I can get it cleaned soon, I am waiting for a reply from Canon to find my nearest recommended camera service shop.

With kind regards
Jane
Smile 

Hello everyone

Thought I would let you know my Camera is fixed so I am one very happy lady. I took it to a canon repair shop and they replaced the AF point mirror. It took less than 5 minutes. Happy Days - thanks to you all for your support.

Regards
Jane

Hi Jane,

I'm so pleased for you. It's never pleasant to have uncertainty hanging over you, so your apprehension was totally understandable. The positive bit about all this, is that, it goes to show how efficient and professional these chaps who do the repairs really are. Smile

Best regards.

Phil.

Great conclusion, happy story. Ed.

To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post