Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hi From the Swamp ;)

Hi Everyone! I'm Angela and I'm one of the Black Rapid winner! I'm so excited as I'm one of those people that never win anything LOL… can't say that anymore can I Wink

Anyway, been meaning to join the forum since finding out about it, but with 2 children (one a serious handful of an 18 month old!), running our own business, and generally LIFE I never got round to it. Thankfully, I got up early this morning and saw that I won which reminded me to come right on over Wink..

Anyway, I'm from the outer outer-south east of Melbourne, and just shoot for the fun of it (and mainly my children Smile ). I've got a 7D, and my newest baby the 35L and I have to say that I'm loving the combination. Looking to go Full Frame in the future, but after buying the 35 that will have to wait until next year I think!

Anyway, great to be here… and thank you Smile

(oh, and sorry for the ramble)

Angela

Oh and just quickly… is there anyway to subscribe to a thread? I've clicked the "Subscribe to this thread" link on the bottom but it's coming up with an error? Thanks!

Angela

(Feb 26, 2012, 13:45)thistledoo Wrote:  Oh and just quickly… is there anyway to subscribe to a thread? I've clicked the "Subscribe to this thread" link on the bottom but it's coming up with an error? Thanks!
Welcome co-winner. Dodgy I wanted them all. Big Grin
Under the reply box are three choices. Put cursor over the one you wish, and it's done .
You will then get trillions of e-mails, just like when it is your birthday. Big Grin

Do not subscribe to this thread
Subscribe without receiving email notification of new replies
Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies

As for me I unsubscribe to all in user CP (there is a post somewhere telling how to do this), and when I open shuttertalk I click on 'view todays posts' at the top under search, member list and calendar.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

(Feb 26, 2012, 13:57)NT73 Wrote:  
(Feb 26, 2012, 13:45)thistledoo Wrote:  Oh and just quickly… is there anyway to subscribe to a thread? I've clicked the "Subscribe to this thread" link on the bottom but it's coming up with an error? Thanks!
Welcome co-winner. Dodgy I wanted them all. Big Grin
Under the reply box are three choices. Put cursor over the one you wish, and it's done .
You will then get trillions of e-mails, just like when it is your birthday. Big Grin

Do not subscribe to this thread
Subscribe without receiving email notification of new replies
Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies

As for me I unsubscribe to all in user CP (there is a post somewhere telling how to do this), and when I open shuttertalk I click on 'view todays posts' at the top under search, member list and calendar.

Congrats and sorry Tongue… ahh, I can see the subscribe buttons now. I think that it must have automatically subscribed me to this thread as I did get notification Smile. Will look into the "view todays posts" option.. but have to admit, I do like getting emails!

Angela

Well we are all getting up to speed with the new style Shuttertalk and any problems just shout out. Someone will sort it out for you, and it will come in handy for the rest of us.
We have been on another server for a number of years, and like most things there are pro's and cons.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hey thistledoo. Congrats and welcome to Shuttertalk. Feel free to post a photo or 2. We don't bite (for the most part).

Hey Angela, congrats and welcome to Shuttertalk! I'm loving the new influx of Canon users - I've got a 7D too, and like you I shoot mainly my kids. Big Grin

Oh and I'm from Melbourne too. Big Grin

Glad you got the subscription thing sorted out - let me know if you experience any other issues or need anything in general round here. Big Grin

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Angela

Hi Angela,

Welcome! (Although I'm a newbie too!)
I am also from Melbourne's outer east - near the Yarra Valley and recently upgraded to a Canon 600D after previously using a super-zoom compact camera.

I'll try not to hold it against you that you won the Black Rapid strap! Smile You will have to let us know how you like it. I've been looking at the sling straps and decided on Black Rapid but am not sure which style would suit me best. One thing I'm wondering about the RS-7 is if it can be worn either way. I'd prefer to wear the strap on my right shoulder but all the pictures show it worn on the left.

Anne

(Feb 27, 2012, 00:35)Anne Wrote:  Hi Angela,

Welcome! (Although I'm a newbie too!)
I am also from Melbourne's outer east - near the Yarra Valley and recently upgraded to a Canon 600D after previously using a super-zoom compact camera.

I'll try not to hold it against you that you won the Black Rapid strap! Smile You will have to let us know how you like it. I've been looking at the sling straps and decided on Black Rapid but am not sure which style would suit me best. One thing I'm wondering about the RS-7 is if it can be worn either way. I'd prefer to wear the strap on my right shoulder but all the pictures show it worn on the left.

Anne

Thanks Anne.. love your area Smile. I grew up in Monbulk and then moved to Toolangi for a few years… I do miss it. We've now moved to the outskirts near Pakenham.

I'll let you all know how I go with the strap. Funny you should mention way of wearing it as I've read that it's better on the right shoulder LOL… I'm more of a right shoulder wearer, but I think I can go either if it comes to it.

Angela

Just to chime in with the RS-7 - you can wear it on either shoulder, although with one caveat. The clip will be at your back if worn on the left shoulder, and it will be at your front if worn on the right. It's just a bit of plastic that may bother you or get in the way at the front - but on the plus side it makes releasing your strap easier if you take it off often. Big Grin

Here's our review of the RS-7 by the way.
http://www.shuttertalk.com/2010/04/black...eview.html

Thanks for the info, and the review was excellent… I'm starting to think that I might be a left shoulder person as the camera would then be on my right side (I'm right handed)

Angela

(Feb 27, 2012, 14:32)thistledoo Wrote:  Thanks for the info, and the review was excellent… I'm starting to think that I might be a left shoulder person as the camera would then be on my right side (I'm right handed)

Ooo thanks! Big Grin

Yes, that's the best way IMHO for right handed people... Big Grin

Welcome. I'm a newbie here too but everyone seems quite nice so you'll enjoy your time here!