Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hi everyone.

Hi everyone. My friend Banded Drake suggested I check this site out. I’ve looked around and seen some fine images here. Photography is not entirely new to me. I’ve had a camera in my hand off and on since I was about seven. But in the last few years, I’ve really made the effort to learn more, and I know I have a way to go. I love shooting pictures and enjoy post-processing and am eager to learn new techniques. Right now this is a hobby for me, but I’m quite open to the possibility of doing this professionally someday.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Welcome! We look forward to seeing some of your stuff. Drake is a valued member of the board.

Welcome Aine-Caitlin. Great to have a friend of Shawn's here at Shuttertalk.

Feel free to ask any questions about going pro as there are a few of us here who are or have been in the past.

Canon stuff.

Welcome to Shuttertalk!

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Welcome, always good to have fresh blood and new perspectives. I'm kind of new myself too, so maybe we can both learn.

D.J.

Welcome to Shuttertalk... Smile

I also like very much to post process my pictures.
What program do you use to post process your pictures?

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Irma, I use Paint Shop Pro X.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Glad you joined . now you must post some pics , this board has tought me so much and everyone is very open to helping anyone .

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Hello Newbie!

We don't bite!

(well not very hard anyway)

Nikon F55, Pentax K100D, Panasonic Lumix FZ20, Olympus OM1.
Darkroom Dweller.

Hi there aine-caitlin,.
We have already met, but later or sooner, depends where this post goes to next. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hi Everyone, I have just signed up, found the site from a link on Google News, a quick look around the site and it has a lot of interesting topics.
My name is John R and I live in a small market town in central Murcia, España, in the mountains called Mula, it is a very old town and has been a site inhabited by humans from the birth of civilization. I have been living in Spain for 4 years, originally from Chipping Sodbury, a small cotswold town near Bristol and Bath in South west England.
I am a retired Senior Engineer for AOL Europe and have been an active photographer for over 50 years,these days I use a Pentax K100D and a Cannon 300D although I still have a Pentax ME film camera
My activities these days is capturing life on digital format of the local area and I also enjoy post processing techniques using a variety of different software
The attached image shows the Castle of Velez which is virtually in my back yard, as you can see its spectacular, hoping to chat to you all soon
John

[Image: Above-my-house-with-cloud.jpg]

Welcome John - how cool having a castle in your local area!

Canon stuff.

welcome john, thanks for sharing your back yard sight with us!

How do you like living in Spain? Are you planning on staying there?

Curious to see more of your shots!

Uli

Hi John, welcome to shuttertalk.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com