Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holiday

I go to spain on Monday Cool and I suppose the light will be much stronger than I am used to.
Any tips?.
I also replaced the Hama tripod with a Manfrotto. The Hama Star 42 when tightened up still moved left to right due to play in a plastic bush on the centre column. I could not figure out how to stop it, otherwise for £16.00 sterling it was a fairly sturdy job. QR and pan and tilt etc..
The Manfrotto is solid, has got a carry bag and cost another £80.00 on top of the refund. boo hoo.
I did see them on the net cheaper but I was in a rush.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

One tip regarding the strong light in Spain...

Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid-day sun (sorry - couldn't resist). Use the middle of the day for scouting locations and spending time with your family. Get up to catch the dawn and always carry your camera at sunset. Those are the best times anywhere, and particulalry when the sun is bright and direct.

Bring a circular polarizer and neutral density filters if you have 'em. Have a great trip.

Hey have a great trip mate! I'm sure the scenery and pics will be golden! Big Grin

Hey, great to hear NT. Have fun and bring back some pics. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Have a good trip Smile

I bought a Manfrotto last month, great piece of kit, rock solid even with 12lbs on the top of it.

Sounds great NT and Toad had some good advice. All my tripods, light stands and monopods are Manfrotto. I didn't plan it like that - it just worked out that way.

Canon stuff.

Have a great holiday NT.......lucky youBig Grin

.....can't wait to see the pics

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post