Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How Many?

As i was sittin here ordering a few prints i was wondering how many prints do yall get for your self ? I dont have many but i am quickly getting some Big Grin.
I guess what i am saying is , How many of your pictures do you have on your wall ?

............ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I have five prints of my own hung up, and a few more in a folio. The idea is that I can swap them out from time to time, but haven't actually done that. The key is that I bought a cheap ink-jet printer and can do them myself, so I print every photo that I like -- about one every two weeks, maybe one a month. Back when I needed to have someone else print them, and pay per print, I never printed my images.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I haven't got any prints for about six months. I was getting a 8x12 and 8x10 prints done at TEDS before that because they had a special of 10 large prints for $15 (I think). I haven't been able to find a deal that good since....
I don't have a printer capable of printing quality prints.

Any one know of any good deals for large prints?

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I have 2 framed and hung and I have quite a few more that I can switch out from time to time. Most of the ones I have are "unsold" ones from the gallery - sigh...

Are you gonna make me walk around the house counting?:o Big Grin

I just found 10.Smile I'm working on filling the studio walls but that is just what's around the house. Oh wait! I think there 2 or 3 more in the studio.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I have just started printing some of my shots still yet to get the frames.... Rolleyes

Smarti, the canon IP4200 is selling for around $130 now...........it does great prints no reason not to have one Big Grin

I've got lots of Taliver, varying sizes. And I've got lots of prints of friends and family around too. I've only got about 3 non portraits up though.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

On my wall hmmm none LOL but i have a few framed but not on the walls, Iv promised my wife a series for the kitchen and series of the kids for our bedroom. any day now. :-)

I print alot on my own inkjet though, but for clients i order prints though.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

I dont have many hanging up yet . I do have a few portraits up and a few more coming . As far as landscapes and such i have about 6 . My wife is alwasys getting me to oreder them and i like to show people some of my work .

Thanks yall ............... Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

What does everyone print on, ordinary photographic paper, flat/gloss, special kind ????

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Pat ,
I dont do my own printing . I use a on-line lab that i have been VERY happy with.

........ Shawn

Five.
There would be many more, but good frames are expensive, so I rotate current favorites into the five frames I like.

Pat Wrote:What does everyone print on, ordinary photographic paper, flat/gloss, special kind ????
Lately I have been printing on special art paper formulated for printers. There are many kinds available at photo stores - they are expensive but produce outstanding results with interesting textures. They look much more professional for framed work.

I just use gloss / semi-gloss photo paper, and like the 'traditional' look it gives. A friend of mine has used inkjet-designed "watercolour" paper, though, with some amazing results. She does have to choose the images carefully, though, since it doesn't suit most photographs. The colours are more muted, and the detail isn't as good, but that's not always what makes a photograph worth having.

(Painter's watercolour paper won't work, but this has a similar texture and finished look.)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com