Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How do you download pictures?

Well now with USB memory card readers becoming very easily available and cheaper and most offering USB 2.0 (which is a LOT faster than the USB 1.0 interface that most cameras have) and memory card readers in printers (HP's PSC series for example) and the traditional 'Download Cable' that comes with most cameras I was wondering what method people use to download/trasfer pictures from their camera's memory card to their computer. I personally use the USB 1 (1.1?) cable that came with my camera and am looking at a printer for my self atm so I will probably wait and get a printer with a Memory Card slots in it =)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

I just use the cable straight from the camera... saves from having to take the card out.

Yes, many people use the cable for that reason but if you have a large amount of pictures to transfer using USB 2.0 or Firewire device to do it can cut minutes from our transfer time(s) =)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

2.0 cost too much atm ... and so does fire wire ...

i use my ol 1.1 Card Reader ...
about 10 - 15 mins for a full card opposed to the 1 hr that it takes with the cable ...

(512mb Card)

Check out Mr. Gadget (I am not paid to advertise but since they are a Shuttertalk sponser it is good to give them a good work =) )he has some card readers for about $60 iirc =)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

This thread is very similar to mine:
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=635
Should I delete yours?

I didn't notice / remember yours but if you want to remove it, go ahaead, you are the 'Shuttertalk Moderator [!]' after all

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

Nah dont' worry about it... just leave it Smile

I was actually looking for a "merge threads" function Wink

Did you find one? I don't think it is there by default you need phpbb++ mod or something like that to do that Wink

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post