Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How low do we go?

I see that this site is now hosting advertising for dating sites! How low do we go?

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

Where do you see this, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,
Barbara

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Apr 27, 2018, 11:38)Barbara G. Wrote:  Where do you see this, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,
Barbara

Here is a section of my log in page, bottom left:

GrahamS

Since this may be a free site, possible the owners of the site do this, just a thought. Ed.

To each his own!

My guess is that the site has been hacked.

GrahamS

The admin does use Google ads to maintain the site to continue to allow it to be free for others. Usually, the ads are served by what the user has recently searched for. But in your case, I am not sure why it is showing a dating ad for you.

I did notice in the ad it says "girl will make the first move." I will bring this to the admin's attention. 

I personally use uBlock Origin while I surf online which you might want to check it out if you find ads on the internet to be particularly bothersome.

I can't seem to get this ad to come up here on my computer. If you see the ad again, can you hover over the ad and see if it will tell you what site this will take you to (without clicking on it)? If so, I believe this ad can be blocked from those shown on the site. I can give the info to the admin and see if it can be blocked.

Thanks Barbara, for your trouble.

GrahamS

Adblock Plus, removes just about all ads on every site, even Facebook.

(Apr 28, 2018, 10:45)GrahamS Wrote:  Thanks Barbara, for your trouble.

No trouble here.  Big Grin

(Apr 30, 2018, 07:45)EnglishBob Wrote:  Adblock Plus, removes just about all ads on every site, even Facebook.

Thank you for letting us know.  Idea