Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How many of you use video?

I must say that I'm using the video feature on my 7D quite a bit. I think it's quite handy to switch to video capture and record a scene, especially when kids are playing etc. It also reduces the number of gadgets I need to carry which is great.

Some negatives - being on a SLR though I still find it a little counterintuitive to switch from using the optical viewfinder to the LCD screen. Also, I miss the image stabilisiation that comes with the handycam - I find I have to hold the SLR rock steady - quite hard to do especially when using it in "digicam" mode. Big Grin

Anyway, how about you? How much video do you capture?

I've scoffed at video for years, but now that I have a camera that does it properly, I am re-evaluating...

Only thing I video is my golf swing for self analysis LOL.

I have a small sony mini dv camcorder. I also have access to the panasonic with digital video. My only grouse is they use up a lot of memory, so it depends on how many photo's I wish to take. Sometimes you are not sure.
It came in handy at my nephews wedding when the bride started singing the vows. And then later a couple of barber shop type numbers with 3 bridesmaids.

They all sing in a choral group called 'The White rosettes'. http://www.whiterosettes.org.uk/ Link to the web site.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post