Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How's the new camera, Irma?

A little birdy told me that Irma's got her new camera! Big Grin Irma had an unfortunate accident with her camera a few weeks ago...

How is it? Having fun?

Thanks a lot for asking, Jules. Yes, I'm having a lot of fun Smile

It took me a little to answer you, because I wanted to document my post.... Wink and show you why I am so happy Smile

Despit the ugly weather we had early in the morning, I have managed to take some pictures already of my first birds... I took these pictures from home. It was very cold and I had to hide from them, so I placed some crumbs in a stone we have in the garden, and a ball made of seeds you buy in the supermarket to feed them during the winter, I went home and waited, near the window and Lucky on the floor heating. They stared to come!!

[Image: 5_bird1.jpg]

[Image: 72_bird3.jpg]

Then I took a picture of that far away house I couldn't take with the olympus... I could do it now. As it was too blue I made a blue post-processing... I need to learn how to make the snow look white...

[Image: backyardhouse.jpg]

Then I took this picture to see how clouse I could get the tree that appears very far in all my sunsets, and I found that the camera is playing something funny and making some sort of vignetting in the picture, I really don't know if this is a setting I can play with or the pictures are like so...

[Image: mytree.jpg]

Finally I have some macro with flowers... I think it is working fantastic, but still I have too much to learn.... In these pictures the light conditions were not the optimal, but it worked out fine...

[Image: macro1.jpg]

I still have to learn a lot I am back to program mode unfortunately, because when I am in manual a lot of red dots start flashing... All in all I am very happy with my new camera Smile

Irma.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Sounds like you're having fun! The 12x zoom must come in handy, I'm sure! Big Grin

Congratulations on the new toy, and I look forward to some new shots to come Smile

Thanks for your comments. I am really very happy. Smile

Thanks God I could get the manual in English in PDF. The European "version", I don't know if this is the proper term, gives the camera in three or four different languages, unfortunately non of them is English or Spanish. Anyway it was better, since I read somewhere that the English manual is complete.

The battery is getting flat too soon. I really don't know if that is because it is new. Anyway we will buy a spare one just in case. Smile

Paul Cezanne

What kind of camera is it, Irma?

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

It is a Panasonic FZ20 (more information).

Paul Cezanne

Irma, while modern lithium batteries don't have the same "memory" problems of the early ones, when you first get them it is best to charge overnight, or at least for 3-4 hours after the indicater light says it's fully charged.

DPreview had this to say:-

Quote:Battery life was impressive - Panasonic quotes 240 shots using the LCD (270 with the EVF, using CIPA standard testing). We certainly found it good enough for a whole day's shooting. Below the battery compartment is a sprung 'click in, click out' SD/MMC card slot.

Thanks Bob for your comment. You are very kind.

Yes, I charged the battery first time until it was fully charged.... And yes they are right my battery just lasted to take 240 pictures... using the LCD... They are right as well. What I don't find right is to say that 240 picture are enough for a whole day?!?!? :| Smile

Thanks again,

Have a nice day! Smile

Paul Cezanne

Definately time for a spare battery then! That is one thing I like about the rebel, I can shoot over 600 shots without a recharge. That said I still carry a spare.

An extra battery was the first thing I bought after getting my FZ10 - $30 on eBay. All that zooming and refocusing in the first few weeks while you're learning can really chew through the battery life.

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

I have already bought one spare battery... BTW, it was around 60 euros!!

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by canon400d
Nov 10, 2013, 04:15