Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How the media can manipulate your opinion

[Image: 16718_500sq.jpg]

Context:
Quote:Although I understand the purpose of the post, I can provide some insight into the context for anyone who is interested. This is Echo Co. 2nd Battalion, 1st Marines. This was the first day of the invasion back in 2003 and we took several hundred EPWs, this guy being one of them. The guy was not being held at gunpoint as he was already cuffed. He, along with the other EPWs, had surrendered without a fight. The Marine with the M16 is merely resting it in that position. The guy kneeling on the left, I believe, was our Corpsman and the Marine on the right was actually just giving him water.
Related:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3bfO1rE7Yg

Cropping for effect. Photographs don't lie do they? But some photographs that don't lie, tell the truth dishonestly. Big Grin

It is learning how not to be a sheep, which defines us.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

The media manipulates our opinions??? Gosh - say it ain't so...

I am shocked! next we will learn that they sometimes manipulate images to to remove blemishes etc! Big Grin

Nest you will be telling me that Elvis isn't really dead...

Toad Wrote:Nest you will be telling me that Elvis isn't really dead...
I was at his house last year... there wasn't any dust, he must satill be vacuuming.

Sad to see this...

Very interesting video, btw... you think the man is a criminal trying to make harm to the other man and he is just saving his life! ... this makes me thing about how many times one just see one part of the story and not the whole picture... not only in photography but in many aspects or our life...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne