Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to Look After Your DSLR Camera

I found this great article about protecting your camera and camera gear, while surfing the net.Although the topic mentions about DSLR s most of the points are equally valid for the point and shoots. The post is somewhat lengthier so I've summarized the facts here.The link to the original post is scene at the bottom of the post.

1). Do not subject your camera to physical shock.Do not drop it. Keep your camera away from higher temperatures and from fire.

2) Typically your camera is not waterproof so protect it from water and rain.Use a specially designed case if you use your camera for underwater photography.

3)Do not leave the camera near a strong magnetic field.

4)Do not leave the camera in excessive conditions such as harsh sunlight, dust and snow.Use special cases if you have to.

5) Never disassemble your camera yourself.

6)Use a blower to blow away dust particles in the lens and in the sensor.

7)Avoid storing the camera where there are corrosive chemicals

8) If you do not use the camera for extended period of time take away the batteries and store the camera in a cool-dry protective location.

The original article describes each of these in much more detail.I personally think some of them, like do not leave your camera near a magnetic field are really amazing, because its something most of us give a lesser attention to.Anyway following these simple steps is a worthy investment to protect out 1000$+ equipment.Smile

Here is the link to the original article.
DSLR Photography-Looking After Your Camera

Thank you for sharing with us how to take care of the camera. I was reminded of a few things while reading your post. I totally forgot about using a blow dryer to blow away dust particles, of course from a distance so as not to give too much heat.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post