Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I heard a wisper. Pentax K10D 10MP, out soon

Anyone else heard anything?

I want one and want it now if what I heard is correct (and I believe it is).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Why, Your shots are fine as they are.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Because new equipment is a lot of fun! Big Grin
Peted - I just read your signature for the first time! haha,, funny!

Peted Wrote:Anyone else heard anything?

I want one and want it now if what I heard is correct (and I believe it is).
Y'mean the rumour that something could be announced later this week or next ...... along with whispers about anti-shake, flick-switch between jpeg/raw .... as well as the 10mp? If so, I've heard the same rumours. Smile

If it happens I won't be rushing out to grab one in the first wave but I'll be watching to see how it performs. I'll also be watching and waiting to see if they're offering any new Pentax/Samsung lenses.

Pol

I am hoping the 13th Sept. It is 10MP. It does have SR. It does have improved focusing. It does have a beautiful new grip. It does use SD cards. Not sure about jpeg/RAW switch, but it has AF-S/AF-C/Man switch and X-Sync. It has a stainless steel chassis with a well sealed polycarbonate body. It is physically larger than the DS/DL/K100/K110 but not a lot..

How about a new lens 16-50mm, F2.8!

Pricing, US$1,000 with standard Pentax 18-50mm, probably AU$1,500.

Albert Einstein

I would love one.... Just need to find the spare $1500... Rolleyes

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Places like Domayne, JB HiFi and Harvey Norman are starting to carry the Pentaxes and would be offering interest free no deposit sales and at that price you would have one paid off in no time. I will be keeping my DS for when I want a really light setup.

Albert Einstein

Polly Wrote:If it happens I won't be rushing out to grab one in the first wave but I'll be watching to see how it performs. I'll also be watching and waiting to see if they're offering any new Pentax/Samsung lenses.

Pol
Looking at the track record of Pentax I would say that I have no problems buying the first camera off the production line.

Cool

Albert Einstein

PENTAX ANNOUNCES K10D DIGITAL SLR WITH TEN MEGAPIXELS, SHAKE REDUCTION AND WEATHER-RESISTANT BODY

GOLDEN, CO. (September 13, 2006)…PENTAX Imaging Company announced today the PENTAX K10D digital SLR camera with 10.2 effective megapixels and a host of advanced technologies including a PENTAX-developed Shake Reduction (SR) system and a weather- resistant body.

Designed to deliver high-quality digital images and responsive operation for advanced photo enthusiasts, the K10D features an array of PENTAX innovations in image capture and camera functionality.

The most significant features in the K10D include:

A PENTAX-developed Shake Reduction (SR) system that effectively offers a 2.5 to 4 stop advantage for sharp, blur-free images even under difficult shooting conditions, such as macro and telephoto photography or low light settings without a flash. The SR mechanism is designed to minimize camera shake by oscillating the CCD image sensor vertically and horizontally at high speed using magnetic force, while adjusting the speed of oscillation in proportion to the amount of camera shake detected by built-in sensors. As a result, the system does not require special anti-shake lenses and can be used with more than 24 million PENTAX lenses produced since 1964.*

A newly-developed Pentax Real IMage Engine (PRIME) designed exclusively for PENTAX digital SLR cameras to produce well-balanced, true-to-life images. In order to meet the performance requirement in handling 10 megapixel data, PENTAX also incorporated a new high performance 22 bit A/D converter to quickly transfer images with accurate color tones and richer gradation from the CCD to the imaging engine.

A new Dust Removal (DR) system incorporating PENTAX-original Special Protect (SP) coating to help keep the CCD surface dust-free, and a shift mechanism to shake dust off the CCD.

A dependable dust-proof, weather-resistant body construction featuring 72 seals throughout the camera to allow photographers to continue shooting even in dusty or rainy environments.
*Lenses compatible with this mechanism are the PENTAX K-, KA-, KAF- and KAF2-mount lenses; screw-mount lenses (with an adapter); and 645- and 67-system lenses (with an adapter). Some functions may not be applicable with certain lenses.
“Advanced photographers will not find another 10 megapixel digital SLR that offers features such as a weather-resistant body, shake reduction, and great ergonomics, at any price, ” said Ned Bunnell, director of marketing, PENTAX Imaging Company. “With the K10D introduction, PENTAX is now able to offer digital SLRs for two important users - the first time SLR customer who can buy the K100D and now the K10D for the more advanced users.”

Along with the body, PENTAX announced a D-BG2 battery grip for exclusive use with the PENTAX K10D. This battery grip can be used in combination with the camera’s rechargeable lithium-ion batteries to double the camera’s battery life. With a vertical shutter-release button, preview lever, two control dials, AE-lock button and green button, the new battery grip makes vertical-position shooting simple and effortless. It also features the same dust-proof, weather-resistant construction as the K10D camera body.
PENTAX also announced the smc PENTAX-DA 70mm F2.4 Limited lens, designed for exclusive use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras and featuring an ultra-thin pancake design and uni-focal, medium-telephoto optics. With a medium-telephoto perspective, this new lens is ideal for many applications including portraiture and landscape. The high-performance optics ensure outstanding image quality, and provide distinctive visual expression. Materials used for this lens are selected for optimum holding comfort and operability, and the new lens is designed to be extremely thin and lightweight, for go-anywhere portability for casual, day-to-day snapshot photography. Click here to jump to the DA 70mm Fact Sheet

The K10D body will ship by November 2006 for US $899.95, and as a kit with the DA 18-55mm lens for $999.95. The D-BG2 Battery Grip will ship at the same time for less than US $190.00. The PENTAX DA 70mm lens will ship in October 2006 for less US $600.00.

Albert Einstein

Looks like great value - my dad will be really keen on this as well.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by hotglassguy
Dec 3, 2014, 20:45