Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I'm dissapointed

I've been working on my new website for a couple weeks now and just as I'm all ready to get it uploaded I can't get a server connection. :x No problem with connecting to the server for a different site but no go on Cloverdale Photography. Sad

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Quote:

Cloverdale Photography coming soon

For more information contact us at colin@cloverdalephotography.com

or give us a call. 604-575-1570

I am not sure what you mean by this, do you mean you can'tconnect/access your web site but you can access all others with out problems? The site just worked for me.

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Oh you mean you can't connect via FTP? Ouch... raise a support ticket or something with your web host. They're usually responsive...

Can't wait to see your site! Smile

Server was down and all is back to normal. I'm just having an issue with formail right now and can't seem to get my comments form to work.
To see the site just click on my wesite button.

My flickr images

Excellent!! Big Grin

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:Excellent!! Big Grin
Thank you Rufus. Smile

My flickr images

Colin:

Looking really good. Looks really pro.

I found a couple of problems you may want to look at.

- Animal and Pet Gallery - Slideshow mode - as you move through the gallery in slideshow - the last 3 pet pictures have a distorted aspect ratio.

- Slideshow mode - beginning and end. On the first slide if you click the << button - you get a missing image error (small red X). The same happens if you hit the >> button on the last picture in the slideshow. You probably want to have your slideshow work in a continuous loop - or alternately grey out those buttons at the end points of the show.

Other than those things, it looks really classy and solid. It will bring you some business.

I didnt try slideshow mode. Sorry.

Cave canem

One more little thing... the web page titles still show the template name....

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Looks really nice - much improved from before!

You might consider removing the instant zoom feature from the image pages - they get very pixelized.

Its look great Colin!

I have it bookmarked

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Thanks all for the feedback. I uploaded thismorning and then left for the day. I haven't had the chance to deal with anything. I appreciate you guys finding these issues. I may have to get to them tomorrow evening as I won't have the time until then but it should be ok for now. Hopefully nobody bothers with the slideshow.
One thing Cailean mentioned, I couldn't see this. I am having a problem with the formail. I can't seem to figure that one out.

My flickr images

When I put my website up for the first time - the very first person I showed it to found a glaring error within 10 seconds. There is just no substitute for having other eyes look at something that you have looked at yourself over and over. When you get too close to it - you can't see it anymore.

To see Cailean's issue - look at the top title bar of the window - on the same level as the minimize, tile, and window exit buttons. I did that exact same thing on my website - someone pointed it out to me.

Toad Wrote:When I put my website up for the first time - the very first person I showed it to found a glaring error within 10 seconds. There is just no substitute for having other eyes look at something that you have looked at yourself over and over. When you get too close to it - you can't see it anymore.

To see Cailean's issue - look at the top title bar of the window - on the same level as the minimize, tile, and window exit buttons. I did that exact same thing on my website - someone pointed it out to me.

Oh crap! How do I get rid of that?

My flickr images

In the source code for each page there is a section called < title > and < / title > you can change the code in the middle to read what you like, I'm not sure how they setup their templates though so you may have to do them all at once.

I got it. It is on the top of each html page. It is where all the meta tags are. I just have a couple more issues to deal with. Server is down again though and that sucks!

My flickr images

nice site... the only thing that i find disturbing is the repeated menu at the bottom of the page .. seems sort of out of place...

generally at the base of the page liks are put in normal text form ..

|Home|links|contac|bleh|

peter Wrote:nice site... the only thing that i find disturbing is the repeated menu at the bottom of the page .. seems sort of out of place...

generally at the base of the page liks are put in normal text form ..

|Home|links|contac|bleh|

Just a glitch. I removed something and the menu moved. As I was updating the files the server went down. It has since been fixed.

My flickr images

Colin:

The 3 photos with the bad aspect ratio are the 3 photos in your gallery with a vertical (portrait) orientation. Because the gallery shows all photos at the same height, these are coming out wrong. Probably - there is a flag somewhere in the gallery generation software to "maintain aspect ratio". If that doesn't work - resize these 3 to be the same height as the landscape photos - and you should be good to go.

haha okay ... Great stuff ..

Thanks Toad. I did change the ratio on the page but in the slideshow I am having a time trying to change it. Haven't found where yet.

My flickr images