Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I'm in love

with my Canon 200mm lens, took this image from across the other side of the harbour at Stockton, at 100% crop you can just about see what the diners are eating at the restaurant. Am absolutely blown away with the range of the lens, have found it a little heavy but upped the shutter speed and all of my 37 images not one blurred. The image below has been compressed to the lowest level.

[Image: inlove.jpg]

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

That's great, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the new glass. Is the focal length behaving the way you expected it to?

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Has 2 focal lengths, you can switch from 1.5m/3.5m

Cheers,
Pat

...actually, I was thinking of the zoom/magnification of the lens. (but it doesn't actually zoom, being a prime...)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Or is that the focus limiter?
So it only attempts to focus in the particular ranges specified, speeding up the autofocus by not having it hunt through the whole range.

Congratulations on your new lens, Pat!
I am very happy you love your lens... Smile
Your picture looks great!!

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Yes Adam, you are right, it is a focus limiter, never had this before, very useful on a long lense.

Cheers,
Pat

It is a great lens - well done.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post