Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I'm not 100% sure

I'm not 100% sure that I'll stick with Canon. This new 20D is not a significant step, and the use of EFS lenses is a step backwards.
I'm itching to see what Pentax do next, they've always been an innovative, but rather introverted company.
Also Minolta, though I dont really expect anything too dramatic there. Anti-shake? Very nice, and useful for what, 5% of the average mans pictures? Hmmmm.

Cave canem

I'd say it depends a bit on the camera, but ultimately also on the lens system that you've already got...

What about Olympus and their 4/3 system? Big Grin

I dont like Olympus too much. I know they produce excellent equipment, but I was put off them by association some years ago.

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:I'm not 100% sure that I'll stick with Canon. This new 20D is not a significant step, and the use of EFS lenses is a step backwards.
I'm itching to see what Pentax do next, they've always been an innovative, but rather introverted company.
Also Minolta, though I dont really expect anything too dramatic there. Anti-shake? Very nice, and useful for what, 5% of the average mans pictures? Hmmmm.

Talking of Pentax - This PC is on the way out, new one due to be delivered by the end of the month. That means I'll finally be able to shoot RAW and it also means I can do the firmware updates. Daren't risk any firmware, or even software upates ATM as my PC is very unreliable.

When I have the new PC up and running - please will you, or NN, 'hold my hand through the firware update processes and advise re:C1 when I'm ready to give it a whirl.

In the meantime ... I'm broke Big Grin

Polly

Hey Pol, new computer 'eh? Excellent! Smile

As far as the help goes, you only ever need ask either of us, and we will help happily! Smile

Cave canem