Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I've finally done it!

After all this time spent taking photos, backing them up, making multiple copies across multiple computers (desktop, notebook, girlfriends desktop) I have lost a folder of images! Taken about six months ago they have completely disappeared without a trace, I did a batch of edits, burnt them for the client and that is the last time I remember seeing the files they have gone the way of the dodo.

J Rolleyes

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doh!!

Not on your backups?

Nowhere to be found, I haven't got a clue where they went to, I arranged to get a copy of them back from the client this weekend.

They're probably there, you just can't see them like you can't see some web images. (Wishful thinking, eh?)

Any time that has happened to me it was because I dragged the folder by mistake onto another folder, and it moved without further warning. If you know one of the file names - let your PC search your entire directory structure for it.

This reminds me to go burn a back up cd I have never made a back up of my photos to this date.

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

I do that all the time Toad *blush*, it was the first thing I checked for. I have the cd back, doesn't include any of my originals but its better than losing them completely Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post