Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

If Carpenters talked like Camera Users

I thought this post was hilarious - it's a parody of how some forum conversations often go...

Bit of light humour and also a bit of an element of truth as well...

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/04/02/if-c...era-geeks/

Quote:Thread Title: Nails for Stiletto TB15?
Hammeruser: I’ve saved up for months and just got my Stiletto TB15SS titanium hammer. At $220 they’re pricey but with the replaceable stainless steel face, ultra light weight handle, and excellent balance I can see myself using this for many years. I’ve had it 3 days now and it’s just wonderful. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good framing nail to use with this hammer?

Hammerfiend: You know, Ken Rockbuster said the Stiletto is really overpriced and he wouldn’t have one. For $14 you can get a Tekton rubber mallet set. It’s not any good for driving nails, but it is great for body work on your car. That’s what Ken recommends.

The photography forums go like that, but not the construction forums.

I know things like that. Tongue

Actually I do. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I frequent Golf Forums, they are worse than Camera Forums. SOme people go through 10-14 drivers in a 9 month season!

(Apr 2, 2012, 20:37)EnglishBob Wrote:  I frequent Golf Forums, they are worse than Camera Forums. SOme people go through 10-14 drivers in a 9 month season!

I thought you walked round a golf course. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Yes, I have a driver for the mobile mini-bar!

Funny article and funny thread as well.

(Apr 2, 2012, 18:02)shuttertalk Wrote:  I thought this post was hilarious - it's a parody of how some forum conversations often go...

Hammeruser: I’ve saved up for months and just got my Stiletto TB15SS titanium hammer. At $220 they’re pricey but with the replaceable stainless steel face, ultra light weight handle, and excellent balance I can see myself using this for many years. I’ve had it 3 days now and it’s just wonderful. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good framing nail to use with this hammer?

Hammerfiend: You know, Ken Rockbuster said the Stiletto is really overpriced and he wouldn’t have one. For $14 you can get a Tekton rubber mallet set. It’s not any good for driving nails, but it is great for body work on your car. That’s what Ken recommends.

It's a hammer...it hits things. If you hit things right it does its job irrespective of the price tag. If you get it wrong you leave an indentation in the wood...or spend the rest of the day in an operating theatre having your thumb reconstructed!

(Apr 2, 2012, 18:02)shuttertalk Wrote:  I thought this post was hilarious - it's a parody of how some forum conversations often go...

The only Stiletto I'm interested in (as a carpenter) has a a six inch height, is attached to the foot of a very long leg clad in nylon and culminates in a very happy ending.
You may collectively fill in the gap betwixt foot and happy ending with your individual fantasies!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by canon400d
Nov 10, 2013, 04:15