Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Images Posted in the Forums

It should be obvious to the site administrators that the regular users are not happy with the way images are now being displayed in the Forums here.

They now appear only as small "thumbnails" in a list of attached files after the text, whereas previously they were sensibly re-sized (916 pixels across) and could be placed within the text (in-line).

If this is a temporary state of affairs then, as a matter of politeness, regular statements from the site administrators regarding the progress of any on-going site re-design, are a long time overdue.

If it is a permanent change then in my view it is a mistake - change should be implemented only if it improves the experience for all those using the site, and particularly for the regular contributors.

Cheers.
Philip

This was posted by Admin:

"More and more users are accessing the site from mobile devices, and because of this we are updating the site to make them mobile friendly. Please bear with us as It will take a few days to finish everything, but we are hoping the changes will make the site better than ever."

But unfortunately it was posted on Jan 25th and hasn't been updated since.

I have also discovered you cannot format text (italics or bold), or at least I cannot. Personally I have kind of lost the incentive to post images.

Please Admin, before I, and perhaps others, shuffle off elsewhere, tell us what is happening.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Hey Guys I can see you are not happy,I hope that your concerns can be sorted out so that the more mature(and I include myself in that) will continue to use the site,while attaching hopefully more youthful members with their mobile devices, so as to increase our interaction with each other throughthe forum, if not Guys please let me know where you are moving to, so I can continue to enjoy our media interaction.

Cheers Pete

PS sorry Guys but posted from my tablet.

RAW to the core.

(Jul 14, 2016, 14:29)Eddy Canon Wrote:  Hey Guys I can see you are not happy,I hope that your concerns can be sorted out so that the more mature(and I include myself in that) will continue to use the site,while attaching hopefully more youthful members with their mobile devices, so as to increase our interaction with each other throughthe forum, if not Guys please let me know where you are moving to, so I can continue to enjoy our media interaction.

Cheers Pete

PS sorry Guys but posted from my tablet.

That goes for me too. Er, the bit about letting us know where you're (we're) all going to go.

Best regards.

Phil.

(Jul 14, 2016, 13:04)MrB Wrote:  It should be obvious to the site administrators that the regular users are not happy with the way images are now being displayed in the Forums here.

They now appear only as small "thumbnails" in a list of attached files after the text, whereas previously they were sensibly re-sized (916 pixels across) and could be placed within the text (in-line).

If this is a temporary state of affairs then, as a matter of politeness, regular statements from the site administrators regarding the progress of any on-going site re-design, are a long time overdue.

If it is a permanent change then in my view it is a mistake - change should be implemented only if it improves the experience for all those using the site, and particularly for the regular contributors.

Cheers.
Philip
I agree totally. The site is called Shutter talk for digital camera users-DSLR, not point and shoot or cell phones.
 If I wanted to post my cell phone shots, I would go to Instagram or Snap Chat, not here.  Dodgy

(Jul 17, 2016, 07:27)Pegger3D Wrote:  The site is called Shutter talk for digital camera users-DSLR, not point and shoot or cell phones.
As I have said elsewhere, the changes are for people who wish to view the forum on mobile devices (phones or tablets), and have nothing to do with the method used to create the image.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

I agree with you John it is about how one achieved the final image, but even with myself sometimes the only way to keep up to speed with you guys is to log in on my tablet,I do get notifications on my phone when someone posts a reply, I really enjoy the comments, critique, and knowledge that you guys impart it has improved my photographic out look, it would be a great shame if the site does not take on board you comments, I have visited a few photo forums and most seem to open images in a new page, which I feel is one of your issues, so my question is where do we go?
I in the early days tried other sites but when I found shuttertalk, I felt at home almost instantly, so Barbara what are you going to
do? and is this issue bigger than your membership? Surely there can be a common resolution!

Pete

RAW to the core.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jan 14, 2017, 14:30