Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

In The White Room

Afternoon all.

I've been AWOL, I must admit, for a week or two. Been very busy with my various bands and duos and trios and even did a solo gig (lovely of Phil from right here at Shutter Talk come along and support me. What a top bloke Phil is - looking forward to a few more beers / musical experiences / photographic outings with him as soon as diaries allow).

I've also taken the opportunity to do a spot of fishing - been getting up at 3:30 in order to get to the river before dawn. Haven't seen too many fish but this morning saw herons galore, cormorants too (which might explain the lack of fish), and a kingfisher landed on the rock on which I was resting my feet. Alas I only had the tiny little GM1 with me and as soon as I thought about reaching for it the Kingfisher was off.

Lastly been working hard on the latest western. I'm trying an experiment to see if I'm capable of writing every day, if - were the stars to align - I could focus and be disciplined enough to maintain some decent output. It's going well but it's early days.

I see the issues here are yet to be solved. Not only am I still seeing massive pictures with no scroll bars I'm even getting great big empty "sponsor" frames at the top of every thread. I have to scroll down to find the messages. Also, no italics or bold and the smilies don't work...

Hey ho.

Meanwhile here are a couple from a recent gig over at Livestock Festival. First one is the other boys in the trio enjoying a laidback moment in the White Room backstage.

[Image: 28387274400_4ca772dbef_z.jpg]

and here's me digging into a bit of slide guitar on the Stones' "No Expectations". This was taken by a professional photographer who was keen to try out my Fuji x-Pro1 whilst I was on stage:

[Image: 28745585512_ac60f6f480_z.jpg]

Hi All.

In the white room, there's no black curtains, nor a station!! Smile

No Cream either these days, what with Jack being gone. Sad

In saying that, I have to congratulate Derek (Delboy) on a fine performance at 'The Cross Keys' when I attended. He's one of the finest 'finger pickers' I've ever heard. Well up there with those who are or were famous. In fact the closest I've personally witnessed to get anywhere near the late Chet Atkins.

Talk soon.

Phil.

Had the same song bouncing through my head when I read the title.

Always good to have a few interests, keeps them from getting stale Smile And I do miss fishing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post