Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Inspiration

photography is a creative art form… just wondering where everyone draws their inspiration from? or is everyone here a genius in their own right?

I still classify myself as a newbie+, and therefore liken my inspiration to that of a sponge.

I do enjoy B&W more than color, and landscape a bit more than anything else. I'll keep an eye on this post for other responses.

Jerry

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Many hours looking through Playboy and these days I don't have to say I'm reading it for the articles, now its called inspiration Smile

15 years ago I might have said "potplant."

Tongue

I refuse to comment on that one Slej on the grounds that I may incriminate myself. That and the fact that there is a "Christian" section on here and I don't want to be crucified.

However having said that there is something to be said for mind altering subjects to aid creativity.1 Rolleyes

Hm... interesting topic potplant. For me, I love reading travel photography books, and just looking at the photos. I'd like to think that the images stay in my subconscious, to be recalled just before I press the shutter button. Smile

StudioJ Wrote:I refuse to comment on that one Slej on the grounds that I may incriminate myself. That and the fact that there is a "Christian" section on here and I don't want to be crucified.

However having said that there is something to be said for mind altering subjects to aid creativity.1 Rolleyes

Good grief James! Do you think Christians have always been, are, and will always be innocent and law abiding??? Good grief!!!!!!

:o :o

Cave canem

I can't really say I get any Inspiration from anything for photography, as there is nothing to shoot around here that is worth worrying about so when ever I can get out I shoot every tihng can on my 16MB card Cool

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Actually I play a little challenge with myself: while reading a magazine, I pay particular attention to the ads and try to figure out how they were lit, how much photoshop was used, etc. Then I have hopefully learned something that I can incorporate in a future shoot, or at least see if I can replicate the effect. It's the learning aspect that I find inspirational.

Cool! Ever tried to replicate the ads? Care to post some attempts? Big Grin

potplant Wrote:Cool! Ever tried to replicate the ads? Care to post some attempts? Big Grin

I'd really like to replicate that Canon ad with Andre Agassi, the one where he's holding up the trophy and there are a hundred big white Canon L lenses pointed at him. I just need to borrow ninety-nine L lenses first ... Big Grin

Can't you just replicate it with his girlfriend and one L? Smile

Now thats inspiration!

Lol... I can stand in for Andre if you need a volunteer...

Most of my photos are of my kids, and its a neverending challenge to try and preserve as much of them as I can. I used to take all the typical 'mom' photos and was never really happy with what I got, but since I got my digital camera my photos have become much more varied.

They're still mostly snapshots, but I've come a long way in taking advantage of lighting and different angles and such to capture more of who my kids are instead of just what they look like. Smile

Moreta Wrote:...to capture more of who [they] are instead of just what they look like.
Is it just me or is that about the best explanation of the difference between any dude with a camera and a true hobbyist/entusiast? Well said, Moreta!

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

I second that opinion! Well put, Moreta! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by maisie
Aug 21, 2017, 10:06