Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Interesting story

Totally unrelated, but I came across it today in some readings. Thought I would share.

TWO WOLVES

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.

"One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

"The other is Good - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Wonderful story. Thank you Jericho, it was so meaningful.
Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

jericho Wrote:Totally unrelated, but I came across it today in some readings. Thought I would share.

TWO WOLVES

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.

"One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

"The other is Good - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
Today, once again I thought of this story. Actually this story related to everything in our life. In all our relationships. And I remember now what says Dalai Lama, "My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." And also love! I should add this, remembering great humanist/sufi poet, Yunus Emre, "I am not here on earth for strife,/ Love is the mission of my life." And he also says "A Heart makes a good home for the Friend.”

Thank you once again Jericho, my humble life voyage is depend on this meaningful path.

Blessing and Happiness,
with my best wishes,
love, nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post