Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Intro

Hi Barbara G and............ I am paxbell and would love to be part of your group.
my style of photography is action wild life, ( although I enjoy sport, portrait, theater, all types and variations ). I sit for hours in a cameo hut in the hopes that a wild cat or an illusive jackal ventures near. My longest lens is 400mm so the subject has to be fairly close to fill the 35mm frame that I use. Photo finishing gives me a great amount of joy.
Sharpness is my biggest criteria so noise for me is an enemy. To reach the speeds that I rely on I find that Ii am using ISO 64000+. Now to remove the noise and keep it sharp is some back wards and forwards time consuming, mental rewarding process. The final result having a good color rendering, being snappy and not over sharp with a smooth gradation is what I enjoy. For me to get that chill down my back before the shutter clicks I know that , I have held my breath, I have not snatched at the shutter, time enough has been given to get focus to lock, I mostly shoot in manual and feel if a bit more or a bit less exposure will be needed. I have got the best frame setting that I think is right for the subject(no dirt paper or things that don't fit or distractions) My camera shutter is only guaranteed for 200,000. I don't want to burn it up with rejects.I always try to use all that the camera has to offer. un- compressed raw, 14 bit RGB color. Lowest ISO that I can and a mono or a tri-pod. I kick myself when one of these steps are left out. In the moment believe me it happens and the master piece is lost.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello,

Glad to see you here in the forums! Thanks for joining us! I love to view wildlife photos as I also have a love for being in the outdoors. We look forward to your participation in the forums and also would love to see some of your work when you feel comfortable posting some in the forums! Glad you are here!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Aug 3, 2015, 15:05
Last Post by Barbara G.
Sep 17, 2014, 07:48
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 5, 2014, 14:52