Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Introducing myself

Hi,

I just thought I would say hello. I am 66 and recently retired. I managed to escape from London, and moved back to rural Angus. I got an allotment, and decided to get a compact camera (Lumix LX7) to document the progress of my gardening efforts. I chose the LX7 because it is quite versatile, has a Leica lens, and I can put it in my pocket. I used to have a Canon A1 SLR and a bagful of lenses years ago when I was travelling, and I am afraid having the LX7 has reignited my interest in photography. Having been out on several outings with the local Photographic Society, I am beginning to appreciate the shortcomings of the LX7. and so I am awaiting delivery of a Nikon D5300, with the 18-140mm kit lens. So far, with the LX7, I have been taking mainly landscapes, but I have an interest in rocks and minerals and it would be nice to get into Macro photography.

Have a nice day...

Tom

Hello Tom, and welcome.

I hope you are keeping your LX7 - it should be great for your proposed macro photography with its close-focusing high-quality lens.

Cheers.
Philip

Greetings TomSmile

Welcome Tom. Nice choice of camera with your new Nikon. Hope it gives you many years of enjoyment. And yes, keep the Lumix, stick it in the jacket pocket. It will beat a camera phone, hands down, and you never know when THE shot might come along.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Welcome Tom, good choice of equipment. Canon A1 was a classic. Ed.

To each his own!

Welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here as a member!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Welcome Tom
Look forward to seeing some of your images on here.

We Photographers deal in things which are continually Vanishing and when they have vanished, there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. We cannot develope and print a memory.
                 Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

Welcome to Shuttertalk!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by caveman
Apr 17, 2016, 15:32
Last Post by Barbara G.
Jan 6, 2014, 08:58