Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Introduction

Hello, I'm Chris. I'm excited to be a new member to the forum. A little bio info about me, I've been taking pictures since I was 13. My interest in photography provided me with a 10 year career in the U.S. Coast Guard as a photojournalist working in Alaska and the East Coast. I currently work as freelance photographer in the Midwest. I look forward to discussions about photography.

Welcome. Things have been a bit quiet here of late. Must be because of the time of the year. Look forward to seeing your work.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

(Apr 8, 2017, 01:46)Jocko Wrote:  Welcome. Things have been a bit quiet here of late. Must be because of the time of the year. Look forward to seeing your work.
John,

Thanks for welcoming me to the Forum. I look forward to seeing your work as well. 

Chris

(Apr 8, 2017, 01:46)Jocko Wrote:  Welcome. Things have been a bit quiet here of late. Must be because of the time of the year. Look forward to seeing your work.
John,

Since you are curious. Here are a few images I took during my time in the Coast Guard.

Chris

Great to have you along, Chris. Your expertise should be of benefit to those of us on the constant journey of trying to improve. We are fortunate to have some very knowledgeable people on here and I am sure that you will get to know them. I am based in the UK, retired, and waiting for the summer.
Regards,
Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

(Apr 8, 2017, 17:37)Browser Mike Wrote:  Great to have you along, Chris. Your expertise should be of benefit to those of us on the constant journey of trying to improve. We are fortunate to have some very knowledgeable people on here and I am sure that you will get to know them. I am based in the UK, retired, and waiting for the summer.
Regards,
Mike.
Mike,

Awesome to meet you and thanks for welcoming me. I'm happy to share knowledge and excited to learn from everyone on the forum. It's been a long winter for me as well and summer can't come fast enough.

Chris

Hi Chris

Welcome aboard. As already mentioned, it's a bit quiet at the moment, but it goes like that. Sounds like you have a wealth of experience that'll be great for us beginners to tap into :-)

Cheers
Derek

Hello Chris and welcome! As John (Jocko) has written, the forums have been rather quiet so perhaps it needs a new member to liven things up! And you have certainly done that with your great action shots.

One problem that I and others experience here is that large photos in a post don't fit the screen, so we can't see your complete images without first downloading them from the screen ('save picture as'), and then using a viewer or imaging software to see them properly.

I hope the Moderators are taking note! (Of course, others might have a different view, or perhaps someone here has found a solution to this problem - in which case please share it.)

So in my view (literally!) it would be better if you down-size your images to no more than 1000 pixels wide but keep the quality high, i.e. keep the JPEG compression setting low.

Cheers.
Philip

Philip,

Nice to meet you and thanks for welcoming me to the forum. Also, I appreciate your suggestions to my image size. I will definitely make the adjustments. I'm happy to hear I was able to liven things up.

Chris

(Apr 9, 2017, 01:39)delb0y Wrote:  Hi Chris

Welcome aboard. As already mentioned, it's a bit quiet at the moment, but it goes like that. Sounds like you have a wealth of experience that'll be great for us beginners to tap into :-)

Cheers
Derek
Derek,

Thanks for welcoming me. I look forward to future discussions.

Chris

Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Apr 10, 2017, 17:04)Barbara G. Wrote:  Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here!
Barbara,

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. It's fun to be a part of it. 

Chris

welcome to the forum, love the sample images. Always fun when the guy is in your face barking at you....not!

(Apr 13, 2017, 01:32)EnglishBob Wrote:  welcome to the forum, love the sample images.  Always fun when the guy is in your face barking at you....not!
Bob,

Thanks for welcoming me. Yes, I don't miss my days of boot camp in the Coast Guard.

Chris

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by caveman
Apr 5, 2016, 09:34
Last Post by EdMak
Jan 31, 2015, 11:04