Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

It's not I.S.O....

It isn't I. S. O., it's actually Iso.

I'm home from writing a test in my "Digital Photography 1" class, and it had a bonus question asking what the acronym "ISO" stands for. The correct answer turns out to be nothing!

The full name of the organization isn't even "International Standards Organization", it's the International Organization for Standardization. From their website:

www.iso.org Wrote:"ISO" is a word, derived from the Greek isos, meaning "equal", which is the root of the prefix "iso-" that occurs in a host of terms, such as "isometric" (of equal measure or dimensions) and "isonomy" (equality of laws, or of people before the law).
The great thing is that the word "eye-sow" is much easier to say than the acronym "eye-ess-oh". Digital photography just got easier.

...and yes, there definitely is something more useful I could be doing, but I decided to post this instead.

Full link: http://www.iso.org/iso/en/xsite/contact/...uery1.html

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I usually say eye-so! lol

Interesting! One of those cases where you read it on the internet and it's actually true! Big Grin

I will have to change the way I say it now Big Grin

Canon stuff.