3. I think this is my favorite from the whole session
[Image: IMG_5729bw.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5712bw.jpg]

Any comments are appreciated Smile

Michelle

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

All these are great Michelle - number 4 appeals the most though - like his sassy look.

Canon stuff.

Hi Schellamo
#4 I thought the eyes were a bit dark so I selected his/her eyes with the magnetic selection tool. You have to enlarge and just get the iris. (miss the eyelashes if possible)
Then using either brightness/contrast or levels, I lightened both eyes together, to get to see the pupils a bit clearer.
You may like to try it . It is a personal thing when all said and done.

I just tried with #1 as well and there is a lot of hidden detail (you can see a tongue as well)

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Good series Schell, I really like #'s 1 and 4. love the hair style in #1 (metro) Big Grin

I see the bond you were going for in #3.........I am tinking a little more mood in the processing maybe..... :/

cheers

I am with you on this one Schell.... I really like how you captured the feel in # 3 . The only thing that is missing is the look a mother gets in her eyes while feeding .That would be the only thing i would say could add to this shot .

The rest are good too , but # 3 is the one that i like the most ..

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

#3 and #4 are very solid. #4 is a great portrait and #3 could be in the photo-journalism forum..

Thanks guys, that's great feedback...I've already sent the photos off already Sad But I'm keen to have another go at the processing. There were a few photos where I dodged the eyes and got lots of lovely detail, but then I was worried whether it looked natural. I didn't think about it with the B&Ws though. Maybe with the colour shots once I've dodged I should desaturate a little bit so that it looks more natural (I find dodging the eyes makes them unnaturally 'bright' and I don't really go for that look)

Thanks again guys.
Michelle

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Beautiful pics Schell... I love #1 for the candid, joyful shot. #4 is great as well - the kid looks really photogenic... Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Aug 1, 2013, 13:02
Last Post by adam
Jul 1, 2007, 06:00