Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ixus 40 vs Ixus 430

Hello, I have a question about two Ixus/elph models:

What do you think is the best one? (They're outside Europe allso known as Powershot S410 and SD300)

They both have 4 mp and 3x optical zoom, though the sd300 is a lot smaller then the s410. On the other hand I heard someone say that the pictures token with the s410 are sharper and allso have better colors.

I'd have to go with the 410, slightly better reviews, larger LCD screen, and if you are likely to use the movie mode, it has a much larger resolution.

Another deciding factor for me would be memory, the 410 uses SD/MMC, the 300 uses compact flash. I'd go for the one I have memory cards already compatible with. Of course, in my case I already have a pile of both! Big Grin

Thanx for your reply.
Only thing is that the SD300 has a 2" LCD screen, and the S410 a 1.5" LCD screen (see specifications on the canon site, see the links in my first post) .

Hey Julius, and welcome to Shuttertalk!

All things being equal, I'd go for larger screen vs slightly bigger body any day - it increases usability many times over, especially for a compact digicam. However, do condider the reviews and user opinions.

Good point regarding the memory, EnglishBob.

I got the 40!

It's a great camera (I have broken my arm so I'll type more when my arm is out plaster. Now everything is going very slow on the computer. )

Julius

Ouch! Great news on the camera, not so good on the arm! Look forward to some shots when your fixed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Apr 11, 2006, 19:27