Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Jocko's Photo Diary.

Hello John.

Your image (Post #271) looks fine to me, perhaps just slightly more red biased and sharpened than I would do, nevertheless it is a good image and a very good job of de-cabling. Those cranes are astonishing and, assuming that the cranes are not remotely operated, what a walk to work for the crane drivers!

Cheers.
Philip

The red in the image is because it was taken by the last rays of a setting sun, and yes, the crane-men do have to climb up to their work, as shown by this earlier photograph.

Nikon D80, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR lens, Auto mode, 1/1000 sec, f5.6, ISO 250, 450mm lens equivalent, processed using Photoshop CS2.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Most of the cloning work on the original was not the removal of the cables but in tidying up the traffic in the bottom LH corner. I had to put out more cones than the contractors did, to get it looking tidy!

Just thought I would post an image to see how things go using this new platform. I feel, rightly or wrongly, that the images look better on this new platform.

[attachment=6415]
Fuji FinePix S602 Zoom, 1/550 sec, f8, ISO 200.

Images are terribly small. You have to click on them, and view in a separate window, to see any detail.

(Jun 25, 2016, 04:52)Jocko Wrote:  Images are terribly small. You have to click on them, and view in a separate window, to see any detail.
Yep, they do look better once you click them, but in the thread they are so very small.  I'm guessing the software that resizes them has improved it's process, they seem sharper.

Just an image to see what size it posts at. Original image is 1200 x 900.

(Jun 30, 2016, 12:32)Jocko Wrote:  Just an image to see what size it posts at. Original image is 1200 x 900.

It won't let me insert image into post!

Still won't let me. Only adds it as a Thumbnail.

I wish I could delete posts when they don't work but I do not have rights.

One last go with an image with a maximum edge of 900 pixels.

And that doesn't work either. This forum is a waste of time now.

Clicking on it shows full size. (Hows the health)? Ed.

To each his own!

(Jun 30, 2016, 12:42)Jocko Wrote:  This forum is a waste of time now.

I don't agree there, John. As Ed writes: "Clicking on it shows full size" - so just one extra click reveals your image in all it's glory, as it does for others. There have been good contributions recently, and I want to continue viewing the images and reading the comments - I feel sure others do too. So please keep on posting!

Cheers.
Philip

I wasted half an hour trying to get an image to load in a post, as they have done up until now. Unfortunately they no longer load into the post, only as Thumbnails.
Craig managed to load some nice big images, into the Flash post, earlier today.
Has anyone else tried loading an image, into a post, recently?

I'll come back in a few days and see what is happening.

Ed. Getting better with every day. Going out for a walk tomorrow.

(Jun 30, 2016, 13:48)Jocko Wrote:  I wasted half an hour trying to get an image to load in a post, as they have done up until now. Unfortunately they no longer load into the post, only as Thumbnails.
Craig managed to load some nice big images, into the Flash post, earlier today.
Has anyone else tried loading an image, into a post, recently?

Hi John,

Once 'clicked on', that's a hell of a good image. Of a classic Loco no less. Smile

Keep on posting John. Your an interesting contributor, so don't abandon us now!!

Just as an afterthought. Are the current 'teething problems' anything to do with the 'video' section which had recently been added?

Regards.

Phil.

Just a test. Ed.

When seen, expected it to be larger, made it the same size as Craig's post in Flash thread???? Ed.

To each his own!

(Jun 30, 2016, 14:15)EdMak Wrote:  Just a test. Ed.

When seen, expected it to be larger, made it the same size as Craig's post in Flash thread???? Ed.

Hurricanes?

Cheers.

Phil.

Hornet, a "Modified" Mosquito, fastest piston engine plane British made. Worked on engines for 2 1/2 years. Ed.

To each his own!

My larger images are hosted on Flickr, then linked here with [ img ] tags.

That answers my question, posted on another thread.

Arranged a new kitten this evening. We will get "Lily" in another 4 weeks. This is the image the breeder posted on Gumtree.

One of my Nikon D80 bodies has gone the way of all flesh. It is showing an Error in the display, and at Nikon prices it is not worth repairing. Looks like another step towards a newer and better body!

Tough luck John. Still nothing last forever and as you say this can be a movement towards a more modern, higher resolution body.

Best of luck.

Regards.

Phil.

There are so many wonderful cameras coming out these days that you'll be spoiled for choice! My Nikon D7100 is a great camera and if you keep an eye on eBay you can pick up them up at great prices. I waited and waited... bid and was out bid on numerous occasions, but eventually everything aligned and I got the one. Not sure how much more it does for me than the D5100 (which can be had for next to nothing these days) but I'm hoping there's enough headroom for me to grow into it (probably take a lifetime). I still have the D5100 because it has the fully articulated screen - ideal for all those guitar videos! - and I must confess I was happy with it. Only bought the D7100 because the deal was so good.

John, no Factory Reset in Menu.
Clean the contacts that communicate, on both the Lens and Body.
If no go, then deprive it of power for 24 hours, (Remove battery) and try again. Ed.

To each his own!

Ed. I will certainly give these things a try. All I have read says it is a small sensor that has broken off inside. I will pull camera to pieces, sometime soon, after all it is broken already!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 3, 2020, 06:59