Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cost of Wedding Photographer.

My wife and I are having a Renewal of Vows Ceremony next year. A Saturday in July. We are looking at prices for a photographer to take a few photographs after the ceremony. The cheapest quote so far has been £600. We are not in a position to pay that. It would be cheaper for me to hire a body double for the day, and take the photos myself. For the wedding I gave my cameras to my nephews and had them take the photographs. I took the ones that didn't need me in them. We then had the guests send me their phone and camera shots and from that lot I produced a good reminder of the day (after all, you never look at it again!). But the boss wants one or two "quality" shots this time round.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

John, first, I will be 82, when your Renewal happens, but if you have no success, then I will be happy to cover your day. Would need picked up at Edin,and got back there, unless my friend wants to help me, I have confidence in his camera ability. I will be a bit formal, never professionally done a Digital wedding, but have well over 2000 "conventional" under my belt. Health may be an issue, but, God willing, I will also be. There will of course, be no charge. Cheers. A last resort, Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks for the offer. I will keep you in mind. The wedding is in Edinburgh and I would happily taxi you from and to Waverley. Even feed you and buy you a drink! If push comes to shove I will definitely give you a shout.

I used to host various student and conference events at the local University. Since I knew many camera enthusiasts, I'd pay them a buck per image up to a maximum of 300 $. They always took more than 300 images and maxed out their revenue.

Let's see if I can find one from an engineering competition.

Attached Files Image(s)

John, I do hope you manage to overcome this obstacle. If I lived nearer I'd Gladly help you out.

Were I to need this doing, I'd ask Ed. You'll get some cracking images, that's for sure.

Hope everything goes smoothly.

Best regards.

Phil.

Thanks Phil. Ed's offer is very generous, and much appreciated.

John, I would be delighted to cover your day, but I live way too far away down London way. I hope you have a memorable day.

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

Thanks Graham. We have approached the local School of Art. I would rather pay a student than the terrible prices the pros want to charge. One advertised the ALBUM, never mind the photos, STARTING at £250.

With all this interest, we'll look forward to seeing a few of the ceremony's images.

My daughter has a friend who is a wedding photographer, so she spoke to Jenny, and a combination of "Mates rates" and the small events reduced her usual price by 40%. We are all signed up and ready to go.

http://www.jennydingwallphotography.co.uk/

Happy conclusion, great. Ed.

To each his own!