Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just got another Classic Camera

My sister called me today as she was out shopping for antiques at Goodwill and Garage Sales in the area. She found another Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex IIA (late) 855/16 at Goodies with it's original protective leather case and strap. I went down to see its condition and bought it on the spot.

Even though it has a lot of dust inside the area of the ground glass view screen, it's lenses are all clear and the shutter works at all speeds and f stops...

This one will be going in to my classic camera repairman to be cleaned and tested, and then I will keep it as a companion to my Zeiss Ikorflex Favorit that I bought, and had restored. I am amazed at the clarity and focus of the Zeiss 35mm lenses in these old cameras. They are fantastic cameras for portraits and landscapes.

How many of us still collect and use vintage cameras? What do you own, and what do you use it / them for?

Sounds like a beauty - I must confess that I don't have any old cameras. But I can understand passion you have for them.

Canon stuff.

Great find Ken. Smile
I wish I had the time (and no doubt patience) required to collect and play with old photography gear.
A bit like tinkering with old cars, I can definately see the attraction in collecting old cameras and lenses.

Hope it performs as well as you hope.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

can't wait to see some shots from it.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

cool cool!
I only know of Patch17 here who has many old cameras ( http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/profile.php?id=109 )
Unfortunately yahoo photos recently closed, so the link to the photographs of all his old cameras isn't working properly Sad

I'm one of those young kids who's never used a real film camera. The cost of film and the uncertainty of the results kept me from taking up photography until the digital revolution came along. But since then, I have to admit that I've been tempted by the used OM SLRs at a local camera store. I could even get an adapter to use the old analog-era Zuiko lenses on my digital Olympus cameras. But, there's always something else to buy when there's a few spare dollars... but eventually it's something I'd like to do.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post