Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just joined

Hello
... husband has just bought me a Sony DSC-HX60, (because my Vivitar 'point & shoot' died, of exhaustion I think). On receipt of this Sony, I was daunted by the many Modes with extensive menu in each case.
... never ever heard of 'the Exposure Triangle' nor 'White Balance' etc.
I have accepted the challenge and am [/size][/font]reading avidly - perhaps this could become a real hobby for me - with help and direction.

Don`t worry about it. Cameras these days are very sophisticated and are usually packed with options that you will never or rarely use. Look at the instruction manual and set to default or automatic and let the camera sort out its own exposures and speeds.

Just because the camera is all singing and dancing and probably even includes a tea making facility, doesn`t mean that you need to know all[/font] about every option before pressing the shutter. Stick to the basics to start with and if in time you feel more confident and adventurous and want to try and get more out of it, then, when you feel you are ready, look at the instruction manual again and see what facility appeals to you.

Welcome, prolific help here, ask away. Ed.

To each his own!

Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here on site with us!

Take some time to look around and please ask questions if needed.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jul 31, 2015, 08:23
Last Post by beetleypete
Jul 29, 2015, 07:17
Last Post by Phil J
Jul 25, 2015, 18:22