Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just joined

Hello to everyone at Shuttertalk. My name is Pete, and I live in Norfolk, in the east of the UK. After decades of using film cameras with assorted lenses, I bought a Fuji S5 Pro digital a few years back. More recently, I have tried to rediscover my joy in photography, by getting a smaller compact camera, the Fuji X30, which I hope to always have on me. (Once the weather here improves)
It has been a case of so far, so good, and it's a great little budget camera, with a wealth of features. Despite the small sensor size, it has produced some good images, and I am excited to try some more.

Welcome Pete, look forward to seeing your results. Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks EdMak,
Much appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

hello pete and welcome. how do you like the x30? i made the mistake of buying the x-pro 1 as a smaller alternative to my canon gear and ended up selling the canon gear after it sat on a shelf for a year. have the fuji x-t1 too now..

(Jul 28, 2015, 20:43)cuilin Wrote:  hello pete and welcome. how do you like the x30? i made the mistake of buying the x-pro 1 as a smaller alternative to my canon gear and ended up selling the canon gear after it sat on a shelf for a year. have the fuji x-t1 too now..
Thanks Cullin,
I have only used it briefly so far, but enjoy the film simulation modes, and the manual zoom ring and aperture ring. I like the retro feel a lot, but did find the menu very confusing at first (I am getting on a bit) so got some good advice from The Fuji Forum. Despite the small sensor, I am happy enough with the results for my blog and e-mailing purposes. I tried to attach a shot to show you, but the files are too large, apparently. The XT-1 is a nice looking camera, but I am trying to just carry around one small compact now. Perhaps an upgrade to the X100-T sometime in the future, who knows?
Regards, Pete.

(Jul 28, 2015, 16:15)Barbara G. Wrote:  Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here with us!

Thanks Barbara,
Already meeting some nice friendly people.
Regards, Pete.

(Jul 29, 2015, 02:53)beetleypete Wrote:  
(Jul 28, 2015, 20:43)cuilin Wrote:  hello pete and welcome. how do you like the x30? i made the mistake of buying the x-pro 1 as a smaller alternative to my canon gear and ended up selling the canon gear after it sat on a shelf for a year. have the fuji x-t1 too now..
Thanks Cullin,
I have only used it briefly so far, but enjoy the film simulation modes, and the manual zoom ring and aperture ring. I like the retro feel a lot, but did find the menu very confusing at first (I am getting on a bit) so got some good advice from The Fuji Forum. Despite the small sensor, I am happy enough with the results for my blog and e-mailing purposes. I tried to attach a shot to show you, but the files are too large, apparently. The XT-1 is a nice looking camera, but I am trying to just carry around one small compact now. Perhaps an upgrade to the X100-T sometime in the future, who knows?
Regards, Pete.
the fuji sensors are very nice, i can't wait to see what you've captured. it's probably perfect for your blog. their retro styling is pretty sweet too.

the xt00t is my small compact to the x-t1. it was between the x100t and the x30, bt the x100t had all of the dial and knobs on the outside and that was more important to me than the zoom lens. i hate menus.

here's some options and instructions for showing your photos here:
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/Thread...-your-post

(Jul 29, 2015, 06:46)cuilin Wrote:  
(Jul 29, 2015, 02:53)beetleypete Wrote:  
Thanks Cullin,
Regards, Pete.
the fuji sensors are very nice, i can't wait to see what you've captured. it's probably perfect for your blog. their retro styling is pretty sweet too.

the xt00t is my small compact to the x-t1. it was between the x100t and the x30, bt the x100t had all of the dial and knobs on the outside and that was more important to me than the zoom lens. i hate menus.

here's some options and instructions for showing your photos here:
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/Thread...-your-post
Thanks Cuilin,
I will check out the link. Much appreciated, Pete.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jul 31, 2015, 08:23
Last Post by Phil J
Jul 25, 2015, 18:22