Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kata R-103 Tripod holder and 3001pro

Hey

I'm getting rid of my Lowepro Minitrekker Classic for a more comfortable bag, and from the reviews I've read on this site and comments on the forums I've narrowed it down to an R-103. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the tripod holder? I'm looking at getting a compact Bogen 3001pro with a 486rc2 head but want to make sure that this combination will fit into the tripod holder on the backpack. I may even go smaller and lighter with the Bogen 190mf4 but I'd like to first find out if there are any restrictions on how big of a tripod the holder can accomodate.

Anyone know where I can find a canadian retailer selling the r-103? B&H sells it for retail price and their shipping rules out most savings in the case of a slightly lower price.

thanks

I got mine at Lorne Lapham in Vancouver. Where in Canada do you live?

I use a medium sized tripod on my R-102. You put 2 legs in the tripod cup and strap the tripod on with the straps. You can see my rig in the review.

Toad Wrote:I got mine at Lorne Lapham in Vancouver. Where in Canada do you live?

I use a medium sized tripod on my R-102. You put 2 legs in the tripod cup and strap the tripod on with the straps. You can see my rig in the review.
I'm in the interior but am in Vancouver once and awhile. Checked the review, thanks. It looks like it'll work.

I had a bit of trouble at first fitting the legs of my manfrotto 055pro (I think equiv to 3002),
then I managed to squeeze it in when I press the legs together,
actually, I think the tight fit is better - so it won't just fall out Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Dec 17, 2012, 16:34