Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kings Park Lights

You guys seem to have had a nice time together, these pictures are great! I sure hope you'll post some more... Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Yeah.. what's up with this guys? Where are some other people's pics? (I guess the old-skool filmies have an excuse for a day or two)
Maybe its just me who posts too many pics... I'm an exhibitionist! woohoo. <streaker run>

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Nice photos all you guys posted. Looks like it was fun. Oz is definately on my list of places to visit. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Nice job Jamie,

I wouldn't be too critical of it. Looks great to me, and I wouldn't say it was taken too late at all. In fact the street lights around the freeway look much better in that light IMHO.

I also did a nice big panorama similar to yours a bit later on when it was a bit darker than in your shot, but I didn't take my polarising filter off so the sky looks uneven when the images are stiched together. A bit of work in PS would fix that I guess, but as far as night shots go, I think such a shot would be better on a week-day when there are a lot more lights still on in the buildings.

I told you that I stopped in at South Perth on my way home from work during the week to check it out. Well, here are two shots I got (including the scary ninja swans that snuck up on me in the darkness all dressed in black and then nearly attacked me when I used my flash on them).
You can really see the difference in the lights of the buildings between a weekday and weekend though (these were taken at 8:30pm last Tuesday night). And of course the reflection doubles the effect.

[Image: SthPerth1.JPG]

[Image: NinjaSwans.JPG]

Perth really is quite a beautiful city. Once I get my technique sorted, I just need to find some locations and angles to show it in an original way.

Adrian Broughton

Wow!

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Nice shots guys! Now I'm super pissed I couldn't be there Sad

J - is that a stitched photo, or did you just crop the top and bottom? I think I can see the join down the middle, but it could be my eyes... Smile

Great shots all round!

Cheers,

Brad

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

- Albert Einstein

Nice pano!

And nice pics everyone! I was in Perth about 15 years ago, but can't remember much about it... perhaps it's time to make another trip! Big Grin

It is stitched, five shots all up and around 12000 pixels wide.

A couple more shots to keep you all happy Smile

[Image: CRW_5399.jpg]

[Image: CRW_5404.jpg]

Thanks for the encouragement Adrian Smile
I'll look through my pictures again and find some more that are okay Smile

wow! Jamie! You made the window so wide I had to keep scrolling just to read Smile
And I see myself in that last picture you posted!
Next time I'll have my taller tripod and won't need to bend down so much Tongue

Here's a Panorama I did.

I used photostitch (which came with the camera)
You can see the lines in the sky where it has been stitched,
and the buildings maybe a little too dark? I'll photoshop it!

[Image: blahblahblah.jpg]

Nice pano adam! The buildings are all vertical! Big Grin

I think the buildings and roads in the foreground are a touch dark... would love to see more detail.

Great shots Jamie and Adam.

I noticed that little red-brick building down there dwarfed by the tall buildings too Jamie, but you did an excellent job with the shot and crop to emphasize its predicament.
Thanks also for the photo of my butt! Tongue I'm sure the world needed to see that.

Adam, I don't know what you were complaining about.. that panorama is spot-on! There are some minor join marks in the sky, but I don't think the foreground is too dark at all, especially considering the road works that were there, I think the exposure you have draws attention to the buildings nicely and away from the road works.

Here is another one of mine which was an attempt to try something a little different and make a feature of a featureless sky.
I adjusted the exposure and crop (and straightened the buildings just for you ST), but I didn't touch the gradient in the sky. What you see was really there, just exaggerated by my polarising filter a bit and a bit more contrast.
But it wasn't a particularly interesting or memorable shot. Sad Until I made it into a movie poster! now it works! (in a rufus kind of way) Big Grin

[Image: 63_NinjaSwanDeathSquad.jpg]

All I need is a movie to go with the poster.

Adrian Broughton

Uh oh... I can feel a b-grade western coming on... Big Grin

Instead of selling popcorn at your movie you could sell bits of week old bread..

great photos guys!

sigh... it'll take a couple of days before i get my film developed.

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

Who are those people in the 2nd photo SJ?? I only recognise adam! Tongue

Adam, Kombisaurus and Patch17 (R-L)

My ugly mug has been captured on another website, thankfully its only received 25 views hehe

finally got my photos from kings park done...

here are a few to share...

zoom, zoom, zoom...
[Image: File0159.jpg]

framed...
[Image: File0161.jpg]

the city...
[Image: File0162.jpg]

green and blue...
[Image: File0163.jpg]

The toys

Great stuff patch!

There may still be some use for those old film cameras! :p hehehe

I love #1 and particularly #2 - they have a great original twist to them.
What did you use for the framing of #2?

Adrian Broughton

Wonderful shots, Patch. My favourite is framed, but the rest are excellent too.

thanks guys.

the "frame" is the telescope stand on the lookout.

The toys

Wow Smile
Very nice pictures patch17 Big Grin
Thanks for sharing! very cool
All of them very nice!

thanks adam.

kombi: what do you mean by that? besides doubling as a decent nut cracker and door stop, these mechanical beasts can still take great photos. Wink hahaha

The toys

hehe.. yeah I was just poking fun. Tongue

Everyone seems to only talk about digital these days. It seems the long and incredibly valuable history of film is going by the wayside. Looking through forums and articles on the net, you could be forgiven in thinking film never existed! Good to see it is far from forgotten, and people like yourself are doing great things with it - flying the flag and showing us digital johnny-come-lately's hows its done Wink
(But I'll still keep shooting in digital)

Just the little play I had with your camera at kings park made me realise what a joy it would be to use - but perhaps not a joy to lug around everywhere. It would make a great doorstop, boat-anchor, or weapon if the need arose! :o hehe

Adrian Broughton

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post