Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Korean Catholic Church

Northwest of San Antonio I happened upon a Korean Catholic Church with some interesting displays on
the grounds.
A gazebo with a statue of The Virgin Mary is surrounded by the stations of the cross, with the curious
addition of tiki torches for evening prayer.

[Image: kak.kcc2.jpg]

[Image: kak.kcc3.jpg]

I like the textures.
The background is almost-painting-like, and on the 2nd pic, the statue.. :O good lighting, it's interesting!

Cool shots, Keith. I like the 2nd one very much because the cross draw my eye into the pic. As adam said, the background is quite interesting too. Big Grin

hi

the second one i like it as the composition, theme, and lighting is great.

Thanks, the second was the 'money shot' for me as well, while the 1st was just to serve the story.

When the background is so busy I really like it to be out-of-focus whenever appropriate, and the Zeiss lens renders that so very well--I love the way it looks.

The statue was in a gazebo and in shadow. The late afternoon sun on it would have been nice, but possibly too hot and to the detriment of the background's exposure.
It had it's levels adjusted locally plus unsharp mask.

Again, many thanks.
I never tire of churches as subject matter, so if y'all are interested I have many images to share.
The 5 San Antonio Missions, including The Alamo, are a photographer's gold mine.

Zeiss lens! :O nice Smile that must be one of the reasons why it looked *special*.! haha

adam Wrote:Zeiss lens! :O nice Smile that must be one of the reasons why it looked *special*.! haha
Permanently attached to an antiquated (on the digital camera timeline) Sony F717.

When it's good, it's good.
When it's bad, I'm stuck with it.
I like it's bokeh.

oo, my uncle has that camera Smile
can do night-vision shots too right? Do you use that feature?

I love the 2nd one!!! how beautiful, and peaceful

"And after it rains theres a rainbow, but all the colors are black. It's not that the colors aren't there, it's imagination we lack"

adam Wrote:oo, my uncle has that camera Smile
can do night-vision shots too right? Do you use that feature?
Yes, it has 2 infrared beams for close work, and the internal Infrared filter swings out of the way.
I find the results to be grainy and ugly most of the time, however during the day with 2 ND4 filters it produces nice IR photos without having to be modified for the task like many DSLRs.

It also has a useful companion feature--'Night Framing".
This allows you to compose and focus in pure darkness using IR, then shoot a normal flash photo (in program and auto modes only unfortunately).
Very helpful when the deer are feeding in my yard.

crazy_irish_chick Wrote:I love the 2nd one!!! how beautiful, and peaceful
Thanks so much, c_i_c.
'Beautiful and peaceful' describes the best religious scenes I have seen, so it's my goal to do the same.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Feb 1, 2007, 07:36
Last Post by Wannabe
Dec 28, 2006, 18:53