Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ladybirds and Kingfisher

While out looking for a Kingfisher at a Yorkshire reserve I came across these six spotted ladybirds taking in the late spring sunshine.

[Image: Ladyb%20meeting_zpsnmyptvcy.jpg]

The Kingfisher was rather disappointing at a distance far greater than my 70-300mm could cope with, so it is heavily cropped.

[Image: DSC_0014_zpsp3xgdfop.jpg]

Photography is a never-ending journey

I thought at first, you could not count!!! Super efforts Peter. Ed.

To each his own!

(Apr 18, 2015, 05:35)EdMak Wrote:  I thought at first, you could not count!!! Super efforts Peter. Ed.

It's enough to give you spots before the eyes Ed

Never had a Kingfisher sit long enough to get a shot of one, love the design and patterns of the Ladybirds.

(Apr 19, 2015, 00:50)EnglishBob Wrote:  Never had a Kingfisher sit long enough to get a shot of one, love the design and patterns of the Ladybirds.

Hi Craig, I was into my third year of wildlife photography before I captured a decent shot of a Kingfisher. I was in a hide when a turquoise flash shot across the water and settled on a nearby branch. I managed to get a few hasty shots off but no time to alter any camera settings. Will post the pic in a fresh topic.

Really cool shot of those ladybirds! My girlfriend has had a similar wallpaper on her phone for a while now, I always thought the arrangement of the little bugs is photoshopped. Smile

My goodness - stunning images.

Great stuff as always, Peter, and it's always fantastic to get a bird shot with a catch like that.

I don't wish to hijack the thread at all, but I am constantly frustrated by the lack of reach this photo exhibits, so will start a new thread.

Cheers Jeff

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tony Britton
Mar 12, 2016, 16:35
Last Post by kNox
Apr 25, 2015, 10:05
Last Post by Raoul
Nov 9, 2005, 00:25