Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Landscape

Taken yesterday looking south to towards the Isle of Wight, thoughts please

Cheers Pete

RAW to the core.

Nice shot Eddy. The rapeseed is very photogenic at the moment. I think there's probably a bit too much foreground here yet I love the way the path comes out of the corner of the image. Maybe try dragging the corner in so you lose some of that foreground? This has the added benefit of making the fence posts more prominent which then adds interest to the foreground. On the downside, cropping the image takes away from the big vista that you're representing here. Choices...

I had a bit of a tinker just to illustrate my point above. Not even sure myself!

The field at the right catches the eye, not a great deal can be done. Pete has handled well what he saw.

This pic is not a suggestion, but an illustration, for comparison. Farmer needs to plant more. Ed.

To each his own!

Hi Eddy!
Your photo looks nice, well exposed, good composition, good colours. The only thing that lacks ist that is disturbing, there is a lot of high exposure areas so the most important thing when we start processing a picture is to ask ourselves what is our subject, what distracts us from admiring it and how can we make our eyes to be drawn to it. In this picture you have a strong contrasty diagonal which can be used to walk our eyes along so decreasing the exposure in the right corner and a bit from the left we have the road leading line drawing attention into the middle. I attached a sample edit. Note that this edit is subjective!
Kind regards,
Robert

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Mar 12, 2017, 14:46
Last Post by EdMak
Dec 1, 2013, 04:02
Last Post by Irma
Jul 8, 2007, 23:32