Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Laptop photoshop? Users advice required.

Hello?

Cave canem

What sort of advice? I use CS on my laptop... are you wanting laptop specs? Calibration advice?

I also use on laptop - brutal compared to desktop - specifics?

Well guys, the thing is that I MAY, (and I emphasise MAY), be buying someone a laptop for Christmas. It'll need to run either PSCS2 or Elephants 3-4.
I know JACK when it comes to toplaps....... :/

Cave canem

I've personally only used HPs, Compaqs and Toshibas (oh yeah and my wife has an IBM one from work)... but so far I've always loved the ergonomics and reliability of the HPs. I've currently got a Pavilion dv1000 - and that's fantastic. 14" widescreen and the screen's not too bad for colours, although I haven't really scrutinised it too closely.

Rufus Wrote:Well guys, the thing is that I MAY, (and I emphasise MAY), be buying someone a laptop for Christmas. It'll need to run either PSCS2 or Elephants 3-4.

Fairly recently There was a lot of discussion about laptops in the uk forum at Ian's place - in the 'General Forum'. I followed the thread at the time, maybe 2-3 months ago and started by Josh.

Stephen has an Acer and Josh also bought one (Ferrari version iirc). It might be a good place to ask if your wanting info specific to UK sources. I also looked at the Acer site at the time - taking the view that if Stephen was using one it must be well suitable for the purpose.

Pol

Polly Wrote:
Rufus Wrote:Well guys, the thing is that I MAY, (and I emphasise MAY), be buying someone a laptop for Christmas. It'll need to run either PSCS2 or Elephants 3-4.

Fairly recently There was a lot of discussion about laptops in the uk forum at Ian's place - in the 'General Forum'. I followed the thread at the time, maybe 2-3 months ago and started by Josh.

Pol

I've managed to dig out the thread. It was in the 'Help Me' forum and the discussion is mainly between Stephen and Josh.

Here's the link

Hope that helps Wink

Pol

I'm with ST, I like the HP's (even if he is biased coz he used to work for them). I've had my current one a couple of years and have never had any problems with it.

The only issue you need to address is how easy it is to calibrate the LCD/TFT on the laptop. Some of them can be a nightmare.

Excellent! Smile

Many thank you's!!

Cave canem

...and don't forget LOTS of RAM.

I use a an HP as well, these days laptops are every bit powerful enough to run PS okay.

The one thing I always have trouble with is moniter calibration, I have never been able to get the screen matched to what comes out of the printer, even a spyder pro didn't get it very close.

I have PS CS on my Toshiba but never rely on it for anything to do with colour. Some editing is fine but in the end I'll always open the files afterward on my pc. Mind ewe (said that for Rufus's sake) lcd's are getting better.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hmm, thank ewe guys!

Bit worrying on that calibration issue though....

Mr Toad said:
...and don't forget LOTS of RAM.

But funds may not stretch that far. In fact, the potential recipient may get a calculator instead!! Big Grin

Cave canem

I'd never have guessed that choosing a toplap could be so difficult on limited funds! :o
It's a nightmare!!!!!

Cave canem

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post