Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Layers and Blending

Prompted by NN's questions on masks and layers I spent some time playing around... and progressed to gradient masking and layering. What do you think?

[Image: blend.jpg]

It's really nice Craig. Great texture and mood.

I think it's a nice effect. However, I'm sort of asking - how does it contribute to the image? Does it show that the vibrant young lady is slowly decaying? Big Grin

I think it's cool, but Jules' question is interesting - I'd say she's emerging from a sketchy, colorless world into a more vibrant period of life. Smile

Some portrait photogs use a similar technique, making the background a watercolor effect and gradually bringing the subject into photo-realism with masks. Example: http://www.michaelcampbell.com/painting4.htm

Very nice but I keep thinking that her face should be a little softer.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

ST - Your getting too deep..... it symbolises I was messing around with layers Tongue

Peted - The full size image is pretty soft, it was reduced from 6.3mp and that sharpened it up some. As I was only messing around with technique, I didn't bother to alter it.

Now I understand what you did Bob. I like it, the effect is really nice, the only minor detail I find is her cheek and neck. Otherwise it looks fine!

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

slejhamer Wrote:I think it's cool, but Jules' question is interesting - I'd say she's emerging from a sketchy, colorless world into a more vibrant period of life. Smile

I like that one! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BrandyMaeD
Oct 11, 2012, 13:04