Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lets Get To Know Each Other Better!

Petographer Wrote:Welcome to shuttertalk Geoff. Good to see another new member. Can't wait to see your photos.Smile
Thanks Petographer. Smile I've already posted a few photos in the relevant sections so am anxiously awaiting some opinions. I have many more to post too, plus I'm eager to hear suggestions on how to improve them. Smile

Geoff.

Hi, I am new Smile

I've been into photography as a serious hobby for about a year now. Previous to that I just wanted to get good photos of my dog, who is the reason I bought a camera. I started off with an Olympus 5060, then I bought a Canon EOS 350D, and last week recently upgraded to the Canon 30D.

I mostly love animal photography, birds, zoo animals, anything. I enjoy dog photography and regularly take some dog event photos. I've just registered my business name and intend to do dog photography.

That's all Smile

Nat

Tess32 Wrote:Hi, I am new Smile

I've been into photography as a serious hobby for about a year now. Previous to that I just wanted to get good photos of my dog, who is the reason I bought a camera. I started off with an Olympus 5060, then I bought a Canon EOS 350D, and last week recently upgraded to the Canon 30D.

I mostly love animal photography, birds, zoo animals, anything. I enjoy dog photography and regularly take some dog event photos. I've just registered my business name and intend to do dog photography.

That's all Smile

Nat
Hi Nat, I haven't been on here long myself. I'm also into animal photography (birds and zoo animals just like yourself). I'm guessing you plan to sell your photos then through your business? That's something I'd love to do myself but don't have a clue how to get started.

Do you plan on posting any of your photos in these forums? I've had a good response to animal photos I've posted, so I'm sure you would too. Smile

Geoff.

I can't sell the zoo photos as yet as our zoo holds copyright to all photography Sad

I will be selling all the other photos though. I have a few people wanting dog portraits as soon as I get going so hopefully it'll go well.

I've posted some shots of Gorillas in the showcase forum Smile

Nat

Hi Nat. Welcome to Shuttertalk. If your gorilla images reflect the type of work you do then I'm sure you'll do quite well. I too am a pet photographer.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hi Tess - Welcome. You'll find some talented animal photographers here with lots of great advice. Make sure you post your favourite shot of your dog!

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Yeah, and then it's me... :/ My name is Espen, and I live and study in Stavanger. Besides my studies (I am going to be a junior high school teacher) I am a photographer in the student newspaper, Hugin, and working at a local photo store. It is only the photo store job I get paid for, though...

Mostly take nature photography, but want to get more in to portraits. Hope you like my work! Cool

hi espen

welcome to shuttertalk, hope to see some more of your work.

take care

christian

I'm very pleased to have stumbled on to this site. Being my first visit, you must excuse my eternal stupidity and fumbling. If I have inadvertantly screwed anyone up, All Apologies! I'm going to attempt to upload a piece, any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated![Image: A-Fall.jpg]

G'day bythelake and welcome to suttertalk........I like your pic, nicely done!

Welcome to shuttertalk bythelake. An introductory page is perfect for your first shot. Nicely done too.Smile

My flickr images

Greetings!

My name is Photojazz, an american living ad loving every minute of life in Stuttgart, Germany.

My profession: Database Engineer, Design and manage several websites running on Oracle10G and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database systems.

Drummer in three bands (Rock, Jazz and Guggamusik)

Photography: Medium, 35mm and Digital formats.

Equipment:

******** Med Format: Mamiya RB67, Mamiya M645S, Bronica ETRSI
******** Digital: Nikon D50, Fuji S7000
******** Film: Olympus Om1, Canon AE1,

National Association Photoshop (NAPP) Professionals Member

Newbie Golfer!

Cool

Greetings photojazz! Welcome to ST, o fellow D50 user.. Big Grin

Welcome to Shuttertalk photojazz. Can't wait to see results from your various cameras.Smile

My flickr images

hi guys!

name is bernard and am living in Perth.
Was in Perth studying before heading back to Singapore for National Service.
Worked in Singapore for 5 yrs before coming back to Perth recently.

Hope to catch up with enthusiasts like each of you here in Perth and other parts of Australia.

Welcome Bernard from Singapore Big Grin

I think I've seen you on clubsnap before! Big Grin

welcome bernard

enjoy shuttertalk

christian

Hi there, My name is Lyn and I have just registered on this site.

I have recently gone digital and will post some of my images.

I work full time and do photography as a hobby. I belong to a camera club and this has certainly improved my skills.Big Grin

Hey Lyn, welcome! Great to have you onboard...

Which club do you go to?

Jules

Hi, I will introduce myself ..... I am Lyn and a cat lover, bet you couldn't ever guess that. I am also a chocolate lover.

I work full time and go out to find photo's as often as possible. I have posted some that I took recently of a jumping spider that was resident on my window sill.

Welcome, Lyn. I am also a cat lover
Looking forward to see your photos, especially of your cats Big Grin
Lucy

Hi Lyn,

Welcome and it is good to see someone from New Zealand here. My brother has married a Kiwi and lives in Wellington.

Canon stuff.

Greetings everyone. I'm brand new to this site. I found it while searching for fun photo assignments to do with some friends. I live in Tampa, Florida where I work for an aerial photography company and wait for the next big hurricane to take out another part of the state (there's one coming this way right now - yipee!). Anyway, I shoot photos for work and for fun. For work we use Nikon D-100s and D-200s. But I prefer my Canon 20-D for my own stuff. I also shoot with a Canon EOS 3 for my infrared black and white photos.

I graduated from the University of South Florida with a mass communications degree. I enjoy shooting landscapes, preferably with some sort of old man-made object somewhere in the frame. I'm also really into macro photography. I love focusing on the tiniest parts of things. This spring/summer I was lucky enough to travel to Banos, Ecuador to photograph the animals at the San Martin Zoo and I also went to Colorado for some whitewater rafting and outdoor fun.

I look forward to chatting with other photographers from around the world!

Welcome to Shuttertalk. I use a D200 myself.

Hi Jenny. Welcome.
You're web site is impressive. I love your gnarly tree black and white (3rd image in B&W's) stunning!
I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your work on this site.
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble