Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lets Get To Know Each Other Better!

"First off, I had no idea Rufus and I had so much in common. Things I'd rather not post either".

PM please?

Rolleyes

Cave canem

Haha.. you're both animal lovers? Or does it go deeper... ?

shuttertalk Wrote:Haha.. you're both animal lovers? Or does it go deeper... ?

Just that we walked similar paths of destruction. Wink

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hello all new comers... welcome...
Good to see that after a few weeks of MIA (missing in action) there are a lot more shutter talkers... especially the girls!

Yes adam... lemangoholic is a girl... fortunately Big Grin

Hey, some of the newer ADI refugees may not have found this thread yet. Go on, introduce yourselves! Big Grin

I'm shy...

I am called Toad. I am a serious amateur - pro wannabe. I have shot film for about 30 years - digital for about 5 years - and now back to film for the most part. I love digital, but stock houses are asking for transparencies, so I am using Velvia ISO 50 slide film about 90% of the time right now.

I live in beautiful Vancouver, and was a moderator at the late ADI site. I enjoy photography a lot, and PhotoShop just as much - so a lot of my stuff is heavily post-processed - and some of it is outright fantasy cobbled together from my diseased imagination.

I currently use 3 cameras: Canon S40, Minolta A2, and Nikon F100.

In a perfect world, I would have a D70 (and maybe a Sony DSC-V3).

This place looks very friendly, and has a better volume of posts than ADI - so that makes me happy.

This is me:

[Image: 18881171.jpg]

amd this:

[Image: 10855788.jpg]

My name is Teddy I am 31 and I like long walk along the beach… …sorry wrong forum. I have always had an interest in photography, but film seemed too expensive to learn on. I also didn’t have the money. I got my d70 last month, and been learning ever since… I live in Altamonte Springs Florida (just north of Orlando). I paint houses for a living. I spend most of my free time at church working with the youth. I applied today to get my ministerial credentials. In the next six months I Should be Rev. Teddy. Weird Rolleyes . I have a degree in business management from southeastern college in Lakeland Florida. www.Secollege.edu if you want to check it out. I listen to all sorts of music styles from classical, country, rock, jazz, to hard core. Want to know anything else just ask. Oh ya I am a male if that maters.

Nikon d70
Nikkor 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5g ED
Nikkor 70-210 1:4-5.6 d

Welcome aboard Teddy! If you ever decide to go into automotive photography I have a great name for you "Rev Photography"

btw.. I like long walks along the beach too Wink

Awesome! Welcome and great to have you onboard, Teddy!

Congrats on the ordination too!

Actually in the Assemblies of God (the organization I belong to) you have to hold your credentials for 2 years be for you can be ordained. I also have to pass a test first too. I have been told that it is not that hard though.

Teddy

Nikon d70

teddyfingers Wrote:Actually in the Assemblies of God (the organization I belong to) you have to hold your credentials for 2 years be for you can be ordained. I also have to pass a test first too. I have been told that it is not that hard though.
Teddy

I always thought the 'Rev.' title required ordination... My father -in-law is a Licenced Local Pastor in the United Methodist Church with a 2-point charge but can't call himself 'Rev.' until he goes to seminary and gets his M.Div...

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

The Assemblies are not as strick as far as education requierments as others.
According to dictionary .com it means

n 1: a member of the clergy and a spiritual leader of the Christian Church [syn: clergyman, man of the cloth] [ant: layman] 2: a title of respect for a clergyman [syn: Reverend]

I really don't care about the title anyway. It will be fun to beable to check something other than Mr. Thaough. Big Grin

Nikon d70

Never noticed this before.

I'm Craig Hadfield, an Englishman born in Nottingham, now residing in Central California's Central Valley. Professionaly I am Internet Sales Manager for a Honda Dealer and a former Accountant (13 years).

Been taking pictures for over 20 years.... I've known one end of a camera from the other for less than 2 Smile

35 years old.

teddyfingers Wrote:The Assemblies are not as strick as far as education requierments as others.

I'd never come across alternate def'ns of Rev.
Just goes to show, just because you've always known something to be true... doesn't make it so. Smile

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

g'day everyone, name's patrick ma. i got my first slr over 10 years ago, but only got really stuck into photography about 2 years ago.

i still have that slr and a few more other 'toys' collected over time. i lived in singapore for the last 10 years, but have now come back to perth to roost. i'm looking forward to autumn, lovely soft light, dramatic clouds (i hope) and great colours.

old cameras are my thing, collecting, repairing (what i can) and using them. most memorablle moment... i was out with an old range finder and had just taken a picture of some kids, maybe 5-6 yrs olds. then one of them approachd me and asked to see the picture at the back of the camera. i told her, 'well, she'll have to wait a while before she can see them as i have to get the film developed.' she just gave me this blank look and said her dad's camera can show her the pics immediately, then skipped away.

sigh...kids these days. Big Grin

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

patch17 Wrote:... i was out with an old range finder and had just taken a picture of some kids, maybe 5-6 yrs olds. then one of them approachd me and asked to see the picture at the back of the camera. i told her, 'well, she'll have to wait a while before she can see them as i have to get the film developed.' she just gave me this blank look and said her dad's camera can show her the pics immediately, then skipped away.

sigh...kids these days. Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Get with the times Patrick! Nice story, I thought you would have replied to this forum ages ago you're an old hand here now Smile

Hmm thinking a "photographic stories" post might make interesting reading, see what everyones best/worst/most memorable experience is, have to do that when I get back from the markets.

J

Lol... funny story patch! Big Grin

hahaha J, i didn't see this thread until a couple of days ago.

unfortunately i'm a stuborn old coot. i like to hear the clicks, clacks and clunks of old cameras, the silent treatment from digital gear leaves me wanting. Wink i leave the digital picture taking to my wife and daughter.

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

Hi peeps,

Hope you don't mind me interupting the interesting sports conversation to introduce my self...

My name is Jacco I am Dutch but I live in Spain.
I have a small IT company which leaves little time for hobbies, and I have too many (biggest pasion is music).
Since 3 days I have after purchasing a 2nd hand Fuji S602 Zoom I have a new hobby.
I have been studying my camera first, now I am studying photography.
I am excited to join this comunity and look forward to the moment to be able to upload a decent picture for a shutter contest. I have a lot to learn still though.

Welcome aboard, and be prepared for a steep learnig curve with your new hobby Smile

Greetings Jacco!!!! Smile

Cave canem

Welcome jacco... to the world digital and to shuttertalk. Big Grin

Make yourself feel at home we're all learning here, and are all pretty friendly.

Yup noticed the friendlyness which is nice for a change.
Congrats on the nice community you have created shuttertalk.
Great place to start (and stay) for me.

I was looking around on technique talk on your forum and found some great links on Cailean's sticky... I have spend the last 3 hours reading on shortcourses.com and have learned loads... WHOOP!

2 am now so time to close my eyes for a few hours... Wink